View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Joe Sestak announces Senate run—for 2016 (90 comments)

•  An opinion is not slander and Joe Sestak does not (4+ / 0-)
    Aquarius40, askew, KayCeSF, stevenaxelrod

seem to have made a good impression last time he ran:  I read the comments then and he didn't favorably impress.  I think this may be one of those be-careful-what-you-vote-for moments and lord knows, there have been plenty of those.  Enthuse carefully.

“The road to success is always under construction” --Lily Tomlin

by CarolinNJ on Wed May 15, 2013 at 07:03:01 AM PDT

•  The only commentary that matters. . . (3+ / 0-)
      Adam B, Odysseus, stevenaxelrod

is the 2010 election results. He survived an onslaught of negative ad carpetbombing of the state from the minute he won the primary and nearly won the election after having to pretty much rebuild his campaign's finances--in a GOP wave year. He did not fail to impress. The guy lost 51-49.

Every human being must be viewed according to what it is good for; for none of us, no, not one, is perfect; and were we to love none who had imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love.

by Daniel Roche on Wed May 15, 2013 at 07:08:46 AM PDT

•  With whom? (2+ / 0-)
      buffie, Odysseus

I don't recall reading negative comments in 2010.  What do you recall?  We got our clocks cleaned in 2010.  Toomey played a very reasonable character then - as opposed to previously.  I still don't get how short termed people's memories can be.  Sestak had a lot of work to do to get recognition in the non-SEPA regions of PA.  And then there was his connections to SEPA - which have to be overcome when you are from parts out west.

Seems as though that may have guided his work since then as he has been teaching at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh and Dickinson in Carlisle.

Besides the issue with running against Specter in 2010 primary I'm not sure what else was said in a negative light.  And I was glad he ran against Specter.  Specter would not have won against Toomey either.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 07:19:54 AM PDT

•  People who went to his rallies weren't impressed-- (0+ / 0-)

if up close and personal impressions matter.

Toomey is unpopular now?

“The road to success is always under construction” --Lily Tomlin

by CarolinNJ on Wed May 15, 2013 at 07:52:05 AM PDT

•  How large of a sample are you pulling that from? (0+ / 0-)

From your handle, I'm doubting you are taking this from first-hand experience.

by Daniel Roche on Wed May 15, 2013 at 07:57:43 AM PDT

•  I was at a lot of them (0+ / 0-)

for six years.  I don't know who you are referring to.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:15:55 AM PDT

•  Heh must not be anyone (0+ / 0-)

who has ever interacted with Casey.  Toomey had a bounce when he emerged from his normal shadows to work with Manchin on his background check on guns.  I believe it was all done falsely as no other gun legislation - including the other no brainer which related to gun trafficking - received a yea vote from Toomey.  I think he knew that background checks was not going to pass so he went with it to boost his numbers with the non-rightwing loon part of PA.  That said he is no where near the Corbett unpopularity.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:18:26 AM PDT

•  Calling someone (0+ / 0-)

"as a bag of bees" is not slander?  Since when?

I find it strange that you're doing an analysis of this candidate based on "I read the comments".

Sorry, that's not going to pass muster.  I'm not trying to one up, but I know a lot about this candidate and have attended many events, campaign and otherwise, have had conversations and have attended house parties where he engaged the attendees answering questions, debating, etc.

Now here's an opinion: this party has not treated him well.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:20:05 AM PDT

•  OK. We'll live, we'll see. And no, "as a bag of (0+ / 0-)

bees" is colorful but not slanderous.  I didn't analyze the candidate, I commented that he didn't seem to make a good impression from comments on this site.  I leave the analysis to his legislative record.  Are you familiar?

Read my original comment.  And enthuse carefully.

“The road to success is always under construction” --Lily Tomlin