View Diary: Brian Williams lies on NBC Nightly News (268 comments)

•  In what way does any of that (1+ / 0-)
    Anne Elk

make him a liar? To lie is a very specific action.

•  methinks you done (4+ / 0-)

spoiled your cred with this stellar admission.

Seriously, you should be HR'd on sight.

"The “Left” is NOT divided on the need to oppose austerity and the Great Betrayal. The Third Way is not left or center or even right. It is Wall Street on the Potomac."--Bill Black

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 02:57:04 PM PDT

•  The snark was hip deep in that thread (11+ / 0-)

Don't make yourself ridiculous by claiming it's an "admission" unless you've got more to go on than that. (Speaking of comments being HRable)

“Texas is a so-called red state, but you’ve got 10 million Democrats here in Texas. And …, there are a whole lot of people here in Texas who need us, and who need us to fight for them.” President Obama

by Catte Nappe on Wed May 15, 2013 at 03:21:59 PM PDT

•  bullshit (0+ / 0-)

he was serious and you know that.

Some things are HR'able on site. I was not the only one noting in that diary that this should be one of them.

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 03:29:33 PM PDT

•  You are linking to a joke? (8+ / 0-)

Voting is the means by which the public is distracted from the realities of power and its exercise.

by Anne Elk on Wed May 15, 2013 at 03:26:11 PM PDT

•  oh, that's the claim now, (0+ / 0-)

isn't it?

Just kidding~!
          Jesus, really???

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 03:30:19 PM PDT

•  You have been wrong before, you know. (2+ / 0-)
            kefauver, Eyesbright

Like most of us, you're human (aren't you?) Humans make mistakes. This may be one of yours. Let it go.

Let us all have the strength to see the humanity in our enemies, and the courage to let them see the humanity in ourselves.

by Nowhere Man on Wed May 15, 2013 at 03:53:02 PM PDT

•  I'd be happy to admit I was wrong (0+ / 0-)

in this instance if only I was.

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 03:59:01 PM PDT

•  I think I was part of that thread actually. (2+ / 0-)
                Eyesbright, 6412093

Not the most sophisticated humor. But, seriously, someone would actually pay for a Kos ID? I wouldn't piss in a bucket for one. I don't think anyone, except you would. That's what the joke was. At least that's what I thought it was. Why, is the radio telling you something different?

by Anne Elk on Wed May 15, 2013 at 04:05:19 PM PDT

•  What? (1+ / 0-)
                  Dirtandiron

What does the radio have to do with this?

Anyone who has been here for any length of time at all knows that the lower your UID, the more leeway a lot of posters will give you, because you're seen as a "longtime user" and therefore, automatic respect is built in to a certain extent.

And that's fine, in and of itself. But it also makes a low UID attractive for any number of reasons. Don't kid yourself into thinking there's nobody on earth that would pay actual money for that attractiveness, even if you wouldn't.

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 04:10:54 PM PDT

•  The radio? It's OK. Nothing. (1+ / 0-)
                    Eyesbright

by Anne Elk on Wed May 15, 2013 at 04:47:34 PM PDT

•  BTW, just tune into the normal station tonight. (0+ / 0-)

There'll be a message for you.

by Anne Elk on Wed May 15, 2013 at 04:53:32 PM PDT

•  o (0+ / 0-)

you're just so witty.

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:20:58 PM PDT

•  I try. (0+ / 0-)

by Anne Elk on Wed May 15, 2013 at 09:56:51 PM PDT

•  don't look now, but (0+ / 0-)

fail.

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 07:17:52 AM PDT

•  Well, sure, from your point of view, (0+ / 0-)

but lots of win from my end. I was highly amused, let me tell you. I look forward to yanking your chain in the future. Stay tuned, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 07:41:43 AM PDT

•  Wow, is that a promise? (0+ / 0-)

You're going to "yank my chain"? And then what happens? Do you grow up at that point, or do you stay stuck in wannabe-a-big-blogger mode?

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 08:08:17 AM PDT

•  No, I really have been specifically sent (0+ / 0-)

to tease you. Actually, Luna, I am just kidding around. You are taking all this a little too seriously. Doc2 is a purchased ID? Somebody did an invasion of the blogger snatchers on the original in order to avail themselves of the fabulous benefits of a low UID? Seriously? And then, of course, the name - Lunachickie - kind of sounds like Looney, which couples with the craziness of the point - if you can call it that - you were making, and you can see why I implied that you were nuts with that radio crack. To my immense amusement you picked up on that, which allowed me to extend the joke, something we incredibly witty people always look for. And here you are again, begging for more. Luna, sometimes it's best just to let things go, but I am looking forward to your reply to this reply because you just cannot let things go, can you? It's kind of baked in. Let's just continue this back-and-forth for years if you have the stamina, and believe me I most certainly I do. Then we could collaborate on a book or something, just a thought. Your turn.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 11:09:50 AM PDT

•  . (0+ / 0-)

I don't seem to be taking this quite as seriously as you are, what with your carefully-crafted run-on paragraph...

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 12:21:09 PM PDT

•  I knew you would come back! (0+ / 0-)

You cannot resist, can you? Well, you are taking it pretty seriously since you took the time to write back with real Italics (good job!), the ungrammatical hyphenation of "carefully crafted" not withstanding. I am so glad you think that I put a lot of effort into this, but I confess that it only took a minute, and that can mean only 2 things. First, I am a very gifted (and witty!) writer. Second, your are not. I base that second point on the idea you express that one can have a "run-on" paragraph. A run-on sentence would have been inexcusable, I agree. But a "run-on" paragraph? Is that something you heard on the radio?

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 01:13:05 PM PDT

•  Hey, if it gives you a hobby... (0+ / 0-)

it obviously does. Let me know when it's a big enough hobby that it matches your outsized ego...

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 01:50:39 PM PDT

•  It's pretty simple. (0+ / 0-)

When you stop replying to my replies to your replies to my...well you get the picture, I think..then I will stop. As for ego, it's really your fault. I didn't have an outsized ego until your writing started convincing me that I was much smarter than I thought I was. After all, what is an "outsized ego"? I am guessing that it's a descriptor applied by someone who is just being beaten in an argument. Hey, that reminds me; do you think anyone actually rents mules anymore. Well, enough chit-chat. Don't want to keep you from your radio show.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:22:56 PM PDT

•  Oh, there goes your witty wit again. (0+ / 0-)

Wow....

You really do need a hobby, don't you?

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:27:58 PM PDT

•  Apparently I now have one. (0+ / 0-)

Thanks

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:08:30 PM PDT

•  Excuse me, but (0+ / 0-)

it's clear I forgot to add the word "desperately".

As in:

You really do need a hobby, desperately, don't you?

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:32:46 PM PDT

•  Not desperately (0+ / 0-)

But there's a simple way to end my "hobby" and that is not to reply to me. BTW, what do you have against hobbies? Since we have an apparently mutual hobby of writing to each other, I would have thought that I could fling the word "desperately"around as well. But, see, I am just not the kind of person who thinks about hobbies as being desperately needed. Nice use of the Italics again though.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 04:07:15 PM PDT

•  Why are you putting your responsiblity on (0+ / 0-)

someone else? That's something a teahag does...

there's a simple way to end my "hobby" and that is not to reply to me.
                            How about being responsible for your own actions, "Anne"? Otherwise, whether you want to believe it or not, yes, you are desperately seeking attention. I guess I just can't stand to see lonely little children being ignored....

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 08:50:51 AM PDT

•  Oh, BTW, I really must humbly apologize (0+ / 0-)

for saying "First, I am a very gifted (and witty!) writer. Second, your are not." I really should have said, "First, I am a very gifted (and witty!) writer. Second, you are not. I am actually a little surprised you didn't pick up on that slip, given your obvious, albeit unskilled, interest in grammar.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:25:33 PM PDT

•  That's because some of us aren't grammar nazis n/t (0+ / 0-)

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:34:09 PM PDT

•  Well, aren't you the one who used the term, (0+ / 0-)

"run-on" paragraph. Now I am confused. Are you saying that you are a grammar Nazi? If so, are there torchlit rallies where you burn poorly written novels?

I must say that, for a grammar nazi, you sure are very chatty. Hey, am I your hobby now? Starting to look like it.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:11:32 PM PDT

•  give it up, honey-child (0+ / 0-)

you're not even making sense at this point.

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:33:09 PM PDT

•  I read my reply to your reply to my reply, (0+ / 0-)

and so on, again and I think it makes tremendous sense. Clearly, someone with your history is going to find it a little difficult to parse standard English text, and I sympathize. But let me point out that you've just swung from essentially calling me a nazi to calling me honey child. So, let me ask you this: Are the mood swings very bad? I assume you are seeing someone, and don't tell me the radio.

Anyway, this has been fun. I am pretty certain I will be hearing from you again shortly unless, of course, you want to make me "hang it up", in which case you won't reply to this reply. But we both know you will be back with another reply very shortly, don't we?

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 04:12:53 PM PDT

•  you're so desperately witty (0+ / 0-)

and I've got time and incentive to keep you company, child. Keep it up!

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 08:51:54 AM PDT

•  Oh, don't you worry. (0+ / 0-)

I'm in for the long haul. It's just like I told you yesterday, Luna. You will always reply. You always have to be in there trying to have the last word. But that will just never happen and we both know why. But keep it up. I am enjoying this. I am telling you, Luna, or perhaps the person who bought the original Lunachickie's UID and is now just messing with people, in a couple of years I am going to put our little collection together into a book. Between your obsessiveness and my hilarious banter, I think it will do well. Profits to dkos, of course.

Hey, my amazing wit to one side for a moment, how are those mood swings today? Still a problem? I am just trying to help out here. You know, dear, the radio can't help you on this one. You really need to reach out to a medical professional.

Also, you would be just amazed at the number of people on dkos who have emailed me about you. Apparently, you have annoyed the heck out of a lot of people here. I mean, really annoyed. But, I want you to know that I have been defending you. I just told them that they also would blurt out bizarre, incomprehensible things if they had a radio with them at all times with special messages just for them. So, I got your back, sister. No, don't thank me. I am with you all the way.

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 09:38:31 AM PDT

•  No, you're not (0+ / 0-)

you missed one.

I guess you're just irresponsible after all. Perhaps, dare I say, even cowardly?

Why are you putting your responsiblity on (0+ / 0-)

someone else? That's something a teahag does...

there's a simple way to end my "hobby" and that is not to reply to me.

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 11:50:51 AM EDT

[ Parent | Reply to This ]

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 10:21:35 AM PDT

•  Now you're quoting yourself? (0+ / 0-)

Or is it that your radio telling you to do that?

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 01:37:35 PM PDT

•  I am really sorry for missing one (0+ / 0-)

of your fantastic, seemingly endless missives, Luny. I really just enjoy them so much, and I so glad that you are being so kind as to respond to each and every reply I post. We should have a book full of hilarious banter to publish in no time. Tell me more about the time you spent in an institution, or is that one of those blank periods? But, hey, I am not here to direct you. You just write about anything you want to or the radio tells you to. It's all just fine.

BTW, what's the fascination with children all about? You "can't stand to see lonely little children ignored." Do you spend a lot of time hanging around playgrounds? That may not be wise for someone like you. With your mood swings and voices, someone might get the wrong idea. Best stay indoors. Take care, Luny. I just wish the best for you, but look forward to your next caring missive in the next, what, 30 min?

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 01:48:41 PM PDT

•  MY endless missives? (0+ / 0-)

LOL! You're so funny, little girl. Have you noticed yet that I've ignored 99 percent of the actual content--such as it is--of your oh-so-witty little wannabe-analyst word salads?

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 01:59:28 PM PDT

•  Hey, I am glad you are able to laugh! (0+ / 0-)

You actually laughed out loud, did you? Well, I think that is just so brave of you. I just never know when something I say to someone like you - with your affliction - will be found amusing. Look, I know you have trouble reading, and I think it's just great that you can even get 1%. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just try to enjoy life and keep those urges at bay. You know the ones.

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 02:37:47 PM PDT

•  . (0+ / 0-)

how do you fit that big head of yours through a door at night?

You're really sad, sweetie...until Monday...

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 02:51:07 PM PDT

•  Why at night? (0+ / 0-)

If I had a gigantic head - like say the Elephant Man - I would have trouble any time of day, not just at night. Do you always make fun of disabled people, or just disabled children?

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 03:21:23 PM PDT

•  Show us the evidence, then (1+ / 0-)
                    Quicklund

A search like this:

low dailykos uid for sale -site:dailykos.com

turns up absolutely nothing relevant. (The part that reads -site:dailykos.com is there to exclude hits from this site.)

Do you have any other searches that would show that there's a market for low dailykos UIDs?

by Nowhere Man on Wed May 15, 2013 at 05:59:13 PM PDT

•  Let me know when (0+ / 0-)

you find the right search parameter. Why do all that work when you could simply go straight to the source and ask him how he learned it was available to begin with?

Oh, I'm sorry, he was just kidding. Right?

by lunachickie on Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:23:55 PM PDT

•  Why does it matter? In 2006 his UID would have (1+ / 0-)
        Eyesbright

been around 100k or so. Would it make any difference?

•  He bought his UID (0+ / 0-)

Fake Kossack! ;)

Where are all the jobs, Boehner?

by Dirtandiron on Wed May 15, 2013 at 06:57:44 PM PDT

•  How much money you got (1+ / 0-)
          Dirtandiron

on a bet that he's not the only one? If I had an extra sawbuck, boy, I'll tellya  ;)

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 07:18:43 AM PDT