View Diary: Brian Williams lies on NBC Nightly News (268 comments)

•  Oh, BTW, I really must humbly apologize (0+ / 0-)

for saying "First, I am a very gifted (and witty!) writer. Second, your are not." I really should have said, "First, I am a very gifted (and witty!) writer. Second, you are not. I am actually a little surprised you didn't pick up on that slip, given your obvious, albeit unskilled, interest in grammar.

Voting is the means by which the public is distracted from the realities of power and its exercise.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:25:33 PM PDT

•  That's because some of us aren't grammar nazis n/t (0+ / 0-)

"The “Left” is NOT divided on the need to oppose austerity and the Great Betrayal. The Third Way is not left or center or even right. It is Wall Street on the Potomac."--Bill Black

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:34:09 PM PDT

•  Well, aren't you the one who used the term, (0+ / 0-)

"run-on" paragraph. Now I am confused. Are you saying that you are a grammar Nazi? If so, are there torchlit rallies where you burn poorly written novels?

I must say that, for a grammar nazi, you sure are very chatty. Hey, am I your hobby now? Starting to look like it.

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:11:32 PM PDT

•  give it up, honey-child (0+ / 0-)

you're not even making sense at this point.

by lunachickie on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:33:09 PM PDT

•  I read my reply to your reply to my reply, (0+ / 0-)

and so on, again and I think it makes tremendous sense. Clearly, someone with your history is going to find it a little difficult to parse standard English text, and I sympathize. But let me point out that you've just swung from essentially calling me a nazi to calling me honey child. So, let me ask you this: Are the mood swings very bad? I assume you are seeing someone, and don't tell me the radio.

Anyway, this has been fun. I am pretty certain I will be hearing from you again shortly unless, of course, you want to make me "hang it up", in which case you won't reply to this reply. But we both know you will be back with another reply very shortly, don't we?

by Anne Elk on Thu May 16, 2013 at 04:12:53 PM PDT

•  you're so desperately witty (0+ / 0-)

and I've got time and incentive to keep you company, child. Keep it up!

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 08:51:54 AM PDT

•  Oh, don't you worry. (0+ / 0-)

I'm in for the long haul. It's just like I told you yesterday, Luna. You will always reply. You always have to be in there trying to have the last word. But that will just never happen and we both know why. But keep it up. I am enjoying this. I am telling you, Luna, or perhaps the person who bought the original Lunachickie's UID and is now just messing with people, in a couple of years I am going to put our little collection together into a book. Between your obsessiveness and my hilarious banter, I think it will do well. Profits to dkos, of course.

Hey, my amazing wit to one side for a moment, how are those mood swings today? Still a problem? I am just trying to help out here. You know, dear, the radio can't help you on this one. You really need to reach out to a medical professional.

Also, you would be just amazed at the number of people on dkos who have emailed me about you. Apparently, you have annoyed the heck out of a lot of people here. I mean, really annoyed. But, I want you to know that I have been defending you. I just told them that they also would blurt out bizarre, incomprehensible things if they had a radio with them at all times with special messages just for them. So, I got your back, sister. No, don't thank me. I am with you all the way.

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 09:38:31 AM PDT

•  No, you're not (0+ / 0-)

you missed one.

I guess you're just irresponsible after all. Perhaps, dare I say, even cowardly?

Why are you putting your responsiblity on (0+ / 0-)

someone else? That's something a teahag does...

there's a simple way to end my "hobby" and that is not to reply to me.
                  How about being responsible for your own actions, "Anne"? Otherwise, whether you want to believe it or not, yes, you are desperately seeking attention. I guess I just can't stand to see lonely little children being ignored....

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 11:50:51 AM EDT

[ Parent | Reply to This ]

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 10:21:35 AM PDT

•  Now you're quoting yourself? (0+ / 0-)

Or is it that your radio telling you to do that?

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 01:37:35 PM PDT

•  I am really sorry for missing one (0+ / 0-)

of your fantastic, seemingly endless missives, Luny. I really just enjoy them so much, and I so glad that you are being so kind as to respond to each and every reply I post. We should have a book full of hilarious banter to publish in no time. Tell me more about the time you spent in an institution, or is that one of those blank periods? But, hey, I am not here to direct you. You just write about anything you want to or the radio tells you to. It's all just fine.

BTW, what's the fascination with children all about? You "can't stand to see lonely little children ignored." Do you spend a lot of time hanging around playgrounds? That may not be wise for someone like you. With your mood swings and voices, someone might get the wrong idea. Best stay indoors. Take care, Luny. I just wish the best for you, but look forward to your next caring missive in the next, what, 30 min?

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 01:48:41 PM PDT

•  MY endless missives? (0+ / 0-)

LOL! You're so funny, little girl. Have you noticed yet that I've ignored 99 percent of the actual content--such as it is--of your oh-so-witty little wannabe-analyst word salads?

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 01:59:28 PM PDT

•  Hey, I am glad you are able to laugh! (0+ / 0-)

You actually laughed out loud, did you? Well, I think that is just so brave of you. I just never know when something I say to someone like you - with your affliction - will be found amusing. Look, I know you have trouble reading, and I think it's just great that you can even get 1%. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just try to enjoy life and keep those urges at bay. You know the ones.

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 02:37:47 PM PDT

•  . (0+ / 0-)

how do you fit that big head of yours through a door at night?

You're really sad, sweetie...until Monday...

by lunachickie on Fri May 17, 2013 at 02:51:07 PM PDT

•  Why at night? (0+ / 0-)

If I had a gigantic head - like say the Elephant Man - I would have trouble any time of day, not just at night. Do you always make fun of disabled people, or just disabled children?

by Anne Elk on Fri May 17, 2013 at 03:21:23 PM PDT