View Diary: Walmart & 13 Major Retailers Refuse Factory Safety Pac - Death Toll Estimated 1,300 (49 comments)

•  Macys?? (9+ / 0-)

Oh man that sucks.  I don't have one of their cards but I do shop there when I want clothes or one of the last chinaware made in USA - Fiesta ware.

I'll email them a note saying how disgusted I am that they are in line with Wal Mart.

You can barely shop anywhere in the America without stepping on someone's rights.  Aren't we supposed to be better than that?  ...  I know, I know...

"Love One Another" ~ George Harrison

by Damnit Janet on Sat May 18, 2013 at 09:11:28 AM PDT

•  That's what consolidation did to us. (9+ / 0-)

(Well, among other things.)

With all the companies consolidated, it's hard to single out the bad guys. But we must still try.

•  I live in Portland, OR (5+ / 0-)
        poco, Barton Funk, elwior, cotterperson, Lujane

We have more choices about local and sustainable.  At least in food shopping.

Garment Industry... it seems it's always been about slavery and death.

Check out Delay, Saipan and Rape rooms.  And that bastard was on Dancing with the Stars or some dumbass reality vote on off survivor mentality idiot box programming. :)

"Love One Another" ~ George Harrison

by Damnit Janet on Sat May 18, 2013 at 09:22:26 AM PDT

•  I know that about Portland. (2+ / 0-)
          Damnit Janet, cotterperson

And I like it.

That's Funk, not Fink. Think Guy Fawkes with glide in his stride and pep in his step. Parliament-style. Ka-BOOM! Dude blew my mind.

by Barton Funk on Sat May 18, 2013 at 09:52:49 AM PDT

•  We shop mostly local here. (3+ / 0-)
            marina, cotterperson, a2nite

What better way to keep your community alive and thriving.

It's so easy to do here.  Except for new clothing.

We have it very good here in Portland. :)  But we can always get better.

Sadly Wal Mart is putting in 17 more stores.  One right next to our hood.  Grrrrrrr.

"Love One Another" ~ George Harrison

by Damnit Janet on Sat May 18, 2013 at 10:02:18 AM PDT

•  You're lucky. (1+ / 0-)
              Damnit Janet

I'm very much a plus size and don't have any shop-local options that I know of, and I've looked.

Organ donors save lives! A donor's kidney gave me my life back on 02/18/11; he lives on in me. Please talk with your family about your wish to donate.

Why are war casualty counts "American troops" and "others" but never "human beings"?

by Kitsap River on Sat May 18, 2013 at 12:39:36 PM PDT

•  My daughter is literally a 0 (0+ / 0-)

Sometimes a 2.  She has a hard time finding jeans.  We have no clue who the hell the clothing business is thinking.

I'm about a 14 and I have a hell of a time finding clothes.  I've always hated shopping for clothing for me. Even when I was super skinny, clothes didn't fit me like they fit the "models" or "manniquins".

"Love One Another" ~ George Harrison

by Damnit Janet on Sun May 19, 2013 at 09:13:13 AM PDT

•  BTW, my closest metropolitan area is Seattle (1+ / 0-)
              Damnit Janet

or Tacoma - basically, the greater Puget Sound.

by Kitsap River on Sat May 18, 2013 at 12:40:51 PM PDT

• Rescued (21)
  • Barack Obama (20)
  • Health Care (20)
  • Republicans (18)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • International (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site