View Diary: State Hate: Springtime Storms And Schadenfreude (30 comments)

•  I wasn't born in Portland, Oregon, (3+ / 0-)

and I think I was here all of three times growing up.

However, it was the place my second husband and I chose when I wanted to move home from Los Angeles and my city boy didn't think Eugene was close enough to anything interesting.  He moved back to Santa Barbara when we divorced, but he's still talking about moving back up here - he loved it.

Strength and dignity are her clothing, she rejoices at the days to come; She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the law of kindness is on her tongue.

by loggersbrat on Mon May 20, 2013 at 02:48:00 PM PDT

•  I moved to Texas as a reluctant trailing spouse (5+ / 0-)

when my husband opted to move here for work. It's turned out very well, in large part because the economics enabled us to build our eventual retirement home and move there later this year.

Home is wherever your loved ones are.

Those who do not understand history are condemned to repeat it... in summer school.

by cassandracarolina on Mon May 20, 2013 at 02:51:13 PM PDT

•  Actually, for me, (3+ / 0-)
        cassandracarolina, Aunt Pat, llywrch

home is where winters are gray and green and mud.  I'm a nativeborn Oregonian.

Los Angeles has its own beauties and I was fairly happy there, but it was never quite home.

by loggersbrat on Mon May 20, 2013 at 02:54:32 PM PDT

•  Beautiful picture of Mother Nature speaking (1+ / 0-)
        cassandracarolina

Cassandracarolina. And a very informative piece at that. Hey, if anyone can send one of those tornados or two, as a matter of fact to Wisconsin, boy do we need a shake up of things around here in this state?

Good to see you again.

Old men tell same old stories

by Ole Texan on Mon May 20, 2013 at 03:32:20 PM PDT

•  Well, my friend, be careful what you wish for (3+ / 0-)
          Aunt Pat, mkoz, Catte Nappe

Living through the Texas drought a few years ago, I too would have taken any form of rain. Our witless governor instructed everyone to pray for rain. I guess some of them were praying that his presidential aspirations would meet with resistance.

Wisconsin may need more than the purifying rains to solve the problems brought on by your governor.

A friend of mine many years ago said "If everyone came to the table with their problems and compared them, they'd all go home with the problems they brought." You can keep Wisconsin; I'll keep Texas, but we're all Americans. Today, we're all Oklahomans.

by cassandracarolina on Mon May 20, 2013 at 03:44:11 PM PDT

•  Girl, you never cease (2+ / 0-)
            cassandracarolina, Aunt Pat

to unscramble my head and thoughts with your truisms. I just wish I could have that wisdom head you carry on your shoulders.

What I wrote comes from a twisted mind brought on by frustration of having been caught in a trap where disaster wrought by an idiot is only on my horizon, just like your beautiful picture of Mother Nature.

Actually I wish no harm to anyone in this state just because I am frustrated. But are absolutely right, again.

Old men tell same old stories

by Ole Texan on Mon May 20, 2013 at 04:10:43 PM PDT

• Recommended (125)
  • Community (58)
  • 2016 (45)
  • Elections (37)
  • Environment (35)
  • Media (34)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (33)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (28)
  • Barack Obama (27)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Civil Rights (25)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Culture (23)
  • Economy (20)
  • Labor (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (18)
  • Senate (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site