View Diary: Minnesota wingers claim God will smite Minnesota for approving same-sex marriage (38 comments)

•  Right.... (10+ / 0-)

Actually they fucked up so bad that God pre-smote them by giving them Michele Bachmann in Congress.

Earthbound but aspiring...

by barrel of laughs on Mon May 20, 2013 at 03:28:10 PM PDT

•  I was going to ask what exactly smitage looks (7+ / 0-)

like. Thanks for clarification.

© grover

by grover on Mon May 20, 2013 at 04:02:09 PM PDT

•  It has many forms. (4+ / 0-)
        grover, pvasileff, mystique mist, Rogneid

the Michele is one.  I suspect the Bieber form is nearly as grotesque.

I am not religious, and did NOT say I enjoyed sects.

by trumpeter on Mon May 20, 2013 at 04:06:20 PM PDT

•  Aww. The Bieber is a foolish kid still struggling (2+ / 0-)
          mystique mist, Rogneid

to get out from under the influence of a fundie parental unit.

Give him a chance. I think he'll break free.

I don't think he qualifies as smitage, just a questionable pop sensation.

© grover

by grover on Mon May 20, 2013 at 04:10:09 PM PDT

•  As a jazz musician, (3+ / 0-)
            grover, mystique mist, Munchkn

I consider all 'pop artists' questionable.  But that's just a matter of taste.  (Yeah, I've played with a few - you gotta make a living - but still...)

But considering his actions at the Anne Frank house and the like, I am still leery.

I am not religious, and did NOT say I enjoyed sects.

by trumpeter on Mon May 20, 2013 at 04:40:46 PM PDT

•  That Anne Frank house move (2+ / 0-)
              pvasileff, mystique mist

proves my point exactly. He's a totally self-absorbed kid. And if that's not bad enough, a celebrity on top of it.

I think that when he's 25-30 and his brain is fully grown, he'll be a decent human being and he'll probably apologize profoundly for such a stupid insensitive comment.

I can't say that about Michele Bachman.

And LOL about pop artists.  For the record, I think the Bieber's music is awful. But I don't want to judge 19 year old who grew up in a bubble for stupid things until he's had a chance to escape.

;)

• Barack Obama (21)
  • Media (21)
  • Republicans (21)
  • Law (20)
  • Spam (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • White House (15)
  • International (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site