View Diary: 12-Year Old Girl Raped At Gunpoint By 3 Teen Boys Who Then Posted It On Facebook (95 comments)

•  I agree with this. (2+ / 0-)
    ZenTrainer, Deadicated Marxist

I was such a creep as a teen in lots of ways. When I was in my mid-20's I was like: "what the HELL was that all about? What the bloody hell was I thinking?"

If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people. --Tony Benn

by rhetoricus on Wed May 22, 2013 at 09:50:18 PM PDT

•  A lot was about drugs, hormones specifically. (1+ / 0-)
      rhetoricus

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature.

by ZenTrainer on Thu May 23, 2013 at 07:32:29 AM PDT

•  Oh, no. Don't go there. Just don't go there. (0+ / 0-)

"Boys will be boys." One of the most loathesome phrases ever coined. And an insult to all decent kids everywhere.

A boy feels the urge, he should fucking CONTROL IT!

Freedom has two enemies: Those who want to control everyone around them...and those who feel no need to control themselves.

by Sirenus on Fri May 24, 2013 at 07:46:43 AM PDT

•  I didn't say boys will be boys and I didn't (0+ / 0-)

mention testosterone! As Dr. Drew says, all kids act a little crazy because they are on drugs. They have wild mood swings, emotional outburst and all kinds of nuttiness.

This isn't about having an "urge" anymore than rape is about sex.

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature.

by ZenTrainer on Fri May 24, 2013 at 06:21:43 PM PDT

•  You said..... (0+ / 0-)

"A lot was about drugs, hormones specifically"

I think most people would see that as being about the urge to have sex.

by Sirenus on Fri May 24, 2013 at 09:20:40 PM PDT

•  I guess...if they didn't know anything about (0+ / 0-)

biology or rape for that matter.

Rape is about violence not sex. And reproductive hormones are not the only ones teens are bombarded with.

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature.

by ZenTrainer on Fri May 24, 2013 at 09:59:54 PM PDT