View Diary: The truth about the Nixonian presidency of Obama (98 comments)

•  So, if something is legal, it's okay? (2+ / 0-)
    Sagebrush Bob, cardboardurinal

Well done, Mr. Both Sides Do It.

When extra-terrestrial beings make their first appearance on our planet, and ask for representatives of our species to best exemplify humanity, I'm sending a nurse, a librarian, and a firefighter.

by Wayward Son on Thu May 23, 2013 at 09:05:22 AM PDT

•  Wrong, they were NOT legal when Bush did them, nor (0+ / 0-)

were his acts made 'retroactively' legal (which you can not do fyi, non-lawyers).

But by all means lie to further your cause.  Dumbya did.

•  Document the 51% of Bush's actions (0+ / 0-)

that were illegal.  If you can't, don't go calling someone a liar.

by Wayward Son on Thu May 23, 2013 at 03:07:10 PM PDT

•  You are the one who posited the claim. Its YOUR (0+ / 0-)

job to pony up, not mine to do your work.

Or stop posting bullshite and then running when someone calls you on it.

•  You have no proof I lied? (0+ / 0-)

Usually someone doesn't make such a brutish and callous claim without ready proof..  outside of a third grade classroom, at least.

But I am nothing if not flexible in matters of debate. So let's set the ground rules.  If I select a 3 day period at random from Bush's calendar, research his Presidential actions, and show that greater than 50% were legal, will you apologize publicly and completely for such insulting and wrong behavior?

by Wayward Son on Thu May 23, 2013 at 04:14:13 PM PDT

•  I am not going to waste time 'debating' you. (0+ / 0-)

From your comments, you apparently believe: 1) if 1/2 a President's acts are legal then he commits no illegalities, not understanding it the magnitude of the acts that matter most, just as with little white vs. malicious lies, and 2) 1/2 of all Obama's acts in any 3 day period are illegal, which is  so farcial it strongly suggests you are  a troll.

Either way, it suggests that you do not know what your talking about.

And my life is too short to educate you.

And besides, that's not my job.  It's yours.

•  Ok, now I get it.. (1+ / 0-)
                MrJayTee

..you read something I say, process it in your mind as something different, and then you argue with that result.  Your actions make sense now.  At no point did I ever say anything LIKE that..  I said that calling an act okay because it's legal makes the majority of actions by Bush 'okay'.  Period.  The rest of what you came up with exists only in your head.

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, I don't actually agree with that conclusion.. something is NOT okay just because it's legal.  But this diary just shows how many knots a person has to pretzel up just to approve everything Obama does.

On a personal note, calling someone a liar with no proof, then calling them out on 'running away' followed by your running away from the debate, is definitely no way to get through life, son.

by Wayward Son on Fri May 24, 2013 at 04:00:05 AM PDT

•  Seems to be a habit with this poster. (1+ / 0-)
                  Wayward Son

"...you read something I say, process it in your mind as something different, and then you argue with that result."

I recently experience it myself.

A slower bleed-out is not a sustainable value.

by MrJayTee on Fri May 24, 2013 at 09:23:39 AM PDT

•  I've gone beyond thinking it's trolling.. (0+ / 0-)

..and I'm now worried that he has an actual medical condition.

by Wayward Son on Fri May 24, 2013 at 05:45:50 PM PDT

•  Then learn to WRITE WHAT YOU MEAN and CLEARLY (0+ / 0-)

'Cause if someone misunderstands you, it is by definition your fault.

You started by commenting about the cartoon.  You said: 'So, if something is legal, it's okay? You've just retroactively endorsed the vast majority of actions by President Bush.

Well done, Mr. Both Sides Do It."

IThe cartoon was ridiculing the claimed equivalency b/t Nixon and Obama. It did not say: 'if something is legal, it's okay'.  Nor did it say 'Both Sides Do It'.

Your declaring it did was mendacious.

I will say using 'lie' may have been impolitic. Perhaps I should have said: "stop misrepresenting what the cartoonist said"?

Likewise, your comment occurred in the context of the cartoon.  That context was the recent abuse of power allegations against Obama.  In that context, your saying the cartoon 'just retroactively endorsed the vast majority of actions by President Bush' is both absurd - it did not take any position re: Bush, nor did it equivilate 'legal' with 'endorsed', only you did that - and incorrect since - as I pointed out in my response - the abuses by Bush were illegal.

From there things progressed as they did.

Now, as I've said, I've spent more than enough time on this.

•  I doubt this will help you.. but.. (0+ / 0-)
                    Nixon:  Then have your Justice Department illegally seize the telephone records of leak-reporting journalists.

Obama:  That I'll do! Except it's legal now, and the opposition party has been criticizing me for not doing it enough!

Seriously, seek help.