View Diary: Who Are You? (94 comments)

•  The Neocon Goldwater Girl? (2+ / 0-)
    LaEscapee, poligirl

Oh, that I could forget her.

Denial is a drug.

by Pluto on Thu May 23, 2013 at 12:04:50 AM PDT

•  As if... (3+ / 0-)
      LaEscapee, Pluto, poligirl

Most of them aren't pretty much serving the same masters.

Well, hell, even Kos was a Republican. And we know whomever gets the nom will be supported by the site.

by ZhenRen on Thu May 23, 2013 at 12:10:38 AM PDT

•  As it should be. (1+ / 0-)
        LaEscapee
        And we know whomever gets the nom will be supported by the site.
        But, there is time to consider that, and influence opinions.

I'm backing the winning ticket (based on the foolproof metrics I have used in the past) Biden and Castro. If Hillary gets the nod, it will be because Our Overlords decided it was the Republican's turn at bat.

Denial is a drug.

by Pluto on Thu May 23, 2013 at 12:19:04 AM PDT

•  Okay.. (1+ / 0-)
          poligirl

Work with the system, baby! Is that "the way forward" that people "without emotional ties" are able to see?

by ZhenRen on Thu May 23, 2013 at 12:22:09 AM PDT

•  What do you suggest? (2+ / 0-)
            terrybuck, howarddream

You are good at poking everyone else, so let's have some practical suggestions of a better alternative.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
            but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Thu May 23, 2013 at 01:10:16 AM PDT

•  Who the poker is (2+ / 0-)
              Pluto, poligirl

or the pokee, is a matter of opinion. I'm not poking anyone. I was responding to a poke. I'm not surprised you see it differently, since the maintainers of the status quo tend to see responses to pokes as poking. But no one really knows how to break the impasse, and this is, perhaps, especially true of those who smugly think they represent the "voices of reason and responsibility" and "pragmatism".

What I recognize is that what we are doing isn't working. In answer to your question, I suggest realizing that basic fact is the first step. Once that first step is taken, we can discuss the next. But if people think we're moving along fine and dandy, well...

Glad I didn't have kids, considering the world they would be facing.

by ZhenRen on Thu May 23, 2013 at 01:55:08 AM PDT

•  And I don't care who Twigg is n/t (0+ / 0-)

by ZhenRen on Thu May 23, 2013 at 01:58:30 AM PDT