View Diary: Panasonic SUCKS (37 comments)

•  Remember what? (1+ / 0-)
    denig

THat one single unit of a product line has problems, and that Panasonic hasn't yet had a chance to respond?

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who fit into one of two mutually exclusive categories, and those who don't.

by zhimbo on Sat May 25, 2013 at 06:43:16 AM PDT

•  Remember that the quality of products... (0+ / 0-)

...produced by these corporations has gone way down in recent years due to cost-cutting and greed?

Some would say that I'm off my gourd. I would say that I am a gourd.

by Hubbard Squash on Sat May 25, 2013 at 07:07:13 AM PDT

•  This diary gives no evidence of that. (1+ / 0-)
        zhimbo

The worship of guns requires human sacrifices evidently. ~richardak

by denig on Sat May 25, 2013 at 07:23:25 AM PDT

•  Have you bought anything, anywhere lately? (0+ / 0-)

Shoddy workmanship is everywhere in cheap, Chinese made products. TV's used to last a long time. Now they break in a few years.

It's corporate cost cutting. That's the reality.

Sorry I don't have time to look for a mainstream media article to back it up.

Some would say that I'm off my gourd. I would say that I am a gourd.

by Hubbard Squash on Sat May 25, 2013 at 07:30:19 AM PDT

•  On the other hand... (1+ / 0-)
            denig

...all this stuff is cheaper, by any measure, than it was back then.  If you want a DVD player for $19.95, that's what you'll get.

•  Panasonic's plasma TVs,at least, are well regarded (3+ / 0-)
            denig, arendt, TexasTom

as reliable, long-lasting products. So, no, not ALL products are shoddy these days.

This diary gives no evidence whatsoever that Panasonic has a quality control problem. Indeed, maybe he's buying poor quality replacement bulbs for all we know. At any rate, an N of 1 doesn't make a trend.

by zhimbo on Sat May 25, 2013 at 08:36:27 AM PDT

•  Why yes I have. I bought a Panasonic Plasma tv (2+ / 0-)
            arendt, zhimbo

50" 5 year warranty at Costco for $499.  Works flawlessly and is absolutely beautiful.

I have been hearing this blanket statement of yours:

for as long as I've been alive. (which is a long time). Sometimes it is true and sometimes it's not.

The point however is this diary doesn't give any evidence of anything except that the diarist didn't attempt to use their warranty, only now contacted Panasonic and has not even given them a chance to respond.  The diarist's process sucks. It is yet to be determined in this instance whether Panasonic sucks or not.

The worship of guns requires human sacrifices evidently. ~richardak