View Diary: WTF is Mitt Romney Wearing To The McCain Wedding Rehearsal Dinner? (54 comments)

•  Maybe they were there, (6+ / 0-)

But not just in this photo.

© grover

by grover on Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 10:29:07 PM PDT

•  very possible -there were a bunch of different (5+ / 0-)
      Eileen B, ericlewis0, grover, Lujane, a2nite

photos and I just chose this one without really knowing who everyone was

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 10:30:35 PM PDT

•  Perhaps. (4+ / 0-)
      ericlewis0, Lujane, eXtina, FindingMyVoice

If so, I'd imagine Douglas, Andrew and Sidney don't appreciate being excluded from the photo that that was released to the media.

Weddings and family portraits aren't easy in blended families. :(

Check out my designs: unique Mother's Day gift ideas or My Mom Kicks Ass t-shirt to wear for Mother's Day, Sunday May 12, 2013.

by Eileen B on Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 10:33:10 PM PDT

•  Maybe Cindy wanted a photo with just her (8+ / 0-)

Immediate family for her desk.

Sometimes it's just really honestly that simple.

I've had photo lists that were 3-4 pages long. Set the bride and groom up, rotate people in and out. This mom wants this group. That grandma wants these people.  Stepmom prefers to include these other people...

When I shot film, it simply meant I brought dozens of rolls of film. With digital, I can shoot all day. If it makes the bridge and groom happy, I do it.

(It helps if guests are enjoying champagne or punch and listening to music elsewhere so they don't get hopelessly bored.)

And frankly, if every family member is able to order several photos of the day that they'll cherish, all the better.

© grover

by grover on Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 11:28:19 PM PDT

•  Of course this is true, and I know from experience (3+ / 0-)
          ericlewis0, eXtina, FindingMyVoice

when I worked as a pro photographer. (I hated shooting weddings, but I did it.) I don't fault Cindy for wanting a photo of just her kids on her son's wedding day.

The problem I see is releasing this particular photo to the media. It's insensitive. Sure, they're all adults now, but it's gotta sting to be excluded from their brother's public wedding photo.

That's all I'm saying.

by Eileen B on Tue Jun 04, 2013 at 12:22:56 AM PDT

•  Maybe the others didn't want their photo (2+ / 0-)
            Kevskos, ericlewis0

Released?

Who knows? But since they're not making a big deal of it. I'm going to trust it's not a huge deal for them.

The source was the New York Post. I take everything there with a bucket full of salt. More may have been released. But the Post is the Post. And even the Post only has do much room.

I mean, this isn't a Kardassiian wedding.

© grover

by grover on Tue Jun 04, 2013 at 12:50:43 AM PDT

•  All the kids were there according to the Post (5+ / 0-)
      ericlewis0, grover, Lujane, Kevskos, eXtina
      All the McCain kids were there for the ceremony at Grace Cathedral and reception at the California Academy of Sciences.

"I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master. I want the full menu of rights." (From "You Said a Mouthful" by Bishop Desmond Tutu - South African bishop & activist, b.1931)

by FiredUpInCA on Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 10:45:04 PM PDT

•  Thanks for the factual information. (10+ / 0-)

I'm kind of underwhelmed with how snarky we are being about the wedding of a couple who have largely chosen to stay out of the public eye.

I get furious when the other side gets nasty about Sasha and Malia or even Chelsea Clinton.

This is the wedding of two people who have served our country and have stayed out of politics. Can't we just for one day put nasty politics aside?

We could be gracious and simply wish the lovely couple best wishes and good fortune.

© grover

by grover on Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 11:17:17 PM PDT

•  Don't put that on me. (0+ / 0-)

I resent your assumption that I was snarky, political, or "nasty" at all about this couple or their wedding. I was not.

I didn't say, or even think, a single thing I wouldn't have said about, say, a Kennedy or Kerry wedding photo that was officially released by "the office of the father of the groom" that excluded three of the groom's siblings.

It's insensitive, and I'd notice and comment on that no matter whose wedding it was. Excuse me for empathizing with the people who were disrespected publicly by their own father!

So, please go scold somebody else.

by Eileen B on Tue Jun 04, 2013 at 12:51:48 AM PDT

•  I specifically said "we" (4+ / 0-)
            Kevskos, ericlewis0, Sylv, Eyesbright

And I've commented throughout this thread, Eileen. I didn't even reply directly to you.

I also said elsewhere,

We should just [let] the McCains, friends and family have their day. We're not as small as the other side.
            I clearly wasn't speaking to anyone in particular, just the community at large --  well, the community that showed up here tonight.

If I were "scolding" you, I think you know me by now: I'm pretty darn direct.

I'm sorry if I offended you by observing that this diary and many of its comments feel political to me.

I guess this is as good as time as any for me to move along. I like you Eileen. We've always gotten along well. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry. I'll see you around. Okay?

© grover