View Diary: Thoughts and Reflections on Current Events (88 comments)

•  I have read what Wyden has said (1+ / 0-)
    arizonablue

and yes what he says does trouble me but then again given that no one else is saying it I wonder just how well Wyden was doing his job.

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 07:13:47 PM PDT

•  clapper himself (1+ / 0-)
      DeadHead

has admitted to having very carefully parsed his words. he wasn't necessarily lying, but he was avoiding telling the truth.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 08:30:47 PM PDT

•  well yes of course (0+ / 0-)

there are secrets here and there are things that if the government revealed very well could hurt our security.

I am sorry but there is no such thing as absolute truth in the game of states.

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 11:00:53 PM PDT

•  yes (1+ / 0-)
          DeadHead

of course. hush hush. wouldn't want to hurt our security.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 11:09:57 PM PDT

•  Weren't you saying something about (1+ / 0-)
            Laurence Lewis

'questioning' and 'betters,' too, in that other thread?

We really need to keep that in mind, as well.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 11:39:19 PM PDT

•  you know I am not going to apologize (0+ / 0-)

for seeing the issue differently then you. Get over yourself, your opinion isn't the only on the issue nor is it the only valid one.

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 11:53:25 PM PDT

•  Why so defensive? Laurence didn't imply (0+ / 0-)

his view was the only one, nor did he demand any apology.

But you knew that, I think. Or maybe not.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 12:13:55 AM PDT

•  bullshit (0+ / 0-)

his comment are arrogant and condscending and while he cleverly makes no explcit demands he certainly implies a lot.

You want to talk? Then let's talk but I am past tired of the arrogance, snideness and condscension from certain people that seem to think that their position justifies whatever behavior they seem fit to adopt.

In the time that I have been given,