View Diary: IAN: Good Morning!! Thursday June 20, 2013 (79 comments)

•  Good luck with the plumbing! (3+ / 0-)
    FloridaSNMOM, broths, The Marti

It must be a real relief to have a responsive landlord.  I have a house that I couldn't sell and rented it to some folks I know.  I have told them to call the plumber first, then call me; nothing damages a house like water.  That is what all the work on my new (1834 ish) fixer is about.

Everything gets repaired in order of how much water damage it can allow.  Most projects are complicated, too; the garage was a matter of replacing the roof including structural repairs, and now re-grading the area around the new bottom boards, along with fresh caulking and fresh paint.

If I was "flipping" it would have to be done a lot faster; but I don't mind living in a work zone!

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever. & http://www.dailykos.com/blog/Okiciyap

by weck on Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 07:18:26 AM PDT

•  We stopped the dripping sound (3+ / 0-)
      weck, broths, The Marti

by not using that bathroom, so I think it's a drainage pipe dripping and not an incoming at least. For now we're down to one bathroom, but at least we're not down to none!

by FloridaSNMOM on Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 07:21:29 AM PDT

•  You landlord also has a considerate tenant! (3+ / 0-)
        FloridaSNMOM, broths, The Marti

by weck on Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 07:22:59 AM PDT

•  We would like to stay here a while... (4+ / 0-)
          broths, weck, The Marti, cactusgal

so yes, we try to be considerate tenants. Besides, I'd do the same if it was my house.

by FloridaSNMOM on Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 07:29:38 AM PDT

•  And the maintenance guy has been here (5+ / 0-)

and is gone. There was a pipe coupling that had come loose, but not loose enough to spray everywhere thankfully. Just loose enough to drip. He's glad we caught it early. It has been re-glued. He also adjusted the toilet in that room (because it would run for a 1/2 hour after you flushed it, apparently it was over filling) and fixed the cold water faucet in the bathtub (finally). He also changed the light bulb in the laundry room (which is where he had to be to work on the pipe) because it has a 14 foot ceiling and with no ladder we couldn't change it. So now we don't need the head flashlight to do laundry any more, yay!

by FloridaSNMOM on Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 09:21:01 AM PDT

•  ...and a good day is when you don't have to climb (3+ / 0-)
              FloridaSNMOM, chimene, broths

a ladder!  I think you have earned that nap!  Enjoy!

by weck on Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 09:27:25 AM PDT

•  I keep a Davey Light in my sewing machine cabinate (1+ / 0-)
              weck

just for going into dark closets and other dark spaces.  Lows sells them cheap.  I gave them as a Christmas present one year to quilting friends and they thought that the head flash lights was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  It can shed extra light on sewing problems sometimes.  I am glad you got you light bulb changed.