View Diary: [UPDATE - MORE PHOTOS] 200,000 Rise Up in Brazil - "The People Have Awakened" (333 comments)

•  My initial comment—which you replied to— (4+ / 0-)
    Quicklund, Aquarius40, purplehaze, emelyn

was about Brazil, as the commenter to whom I was replying was comparing the Occupy protests to the Brazil protests in suggesting that the Brazilian government was more responsive to these protests than the US government has been to Occupy. I was explicitly saying that the Occupy protests were nowhere near as large as the Brazil protests, and thus far I have yet to be presented with any evidence to the contrary.

If the comment to which I was initially replying was about Brazil, and my comment was about Brazil, and the overall blog post we're all commenting on is about Brazil, then wouldn't the person who explicitly doesn't want to talk about Brazil be the one who is "trying to change the subject"?

Finally, if you really want to make this another boring "Obama rox/Obama sux" argument, you'll have to find someone else to have it with... because I'm not going to play that stupid game anymore.

by JamesGG on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 09:35:29 AM PDT

•  Just explain why Obama squelches protest in the US (1+ / 0-)
      SouthernLiberalinMD

Just explain why US citizens don't have the same freedom to exercise their first and fourth amendment rights as people in other countries do.

See if you can do it without the "terrorism" red herring.

"If you can't take their money, eat their food, drink their booze and then vote against them, you have no business being in DC."

by Betty Pinson on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 09:37:59 AM PDT

•  Again, I'm not playing. (3+ / 0-)
        Quicklund, Aquarius40, emelyn

You seem to be quite eager to make this into an "Obama rox/Obama sux" piefight, rather than discussing the subject at hand in this thread, which is comparing the Brazil protests and the Occupy protests.

I will ignore any further replies from you that continue along the "rox/sux" theme, rather than addressing what I actually wrote.

by JamesGG on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 09:44:31 AM PDT

•  Well--I don't know Obama's position on this (1+ / 0-)
          Ray Pensador

but the DoD has decided to use PRISM to particularly track environmental activists, whom it designates as "domestic extremists" and sometimes as "eco-terrorists."

If Obama isn't in favor of this, it seems to be an extreme enough policy that he needs to come out firmly against it, yes? And put a stop to it. He is the C-i-C, after all.

It seems to me that Betty is quite correct in that our 1st and 4th amendment rights are essentially in the trash can. I don't know what it's going to take for people to consider this important. Is it going to take Kossacks being thrown into indefinite detention for being environmental activists?
          How bad does it have to get before people admit something's happening?

Ou sont les neigedens d'antan?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 02:33:44 PM PDT

•  He's not playing, Betty, because there is no good (1+ / 0-)
        Jim Domenico

answer as to why Obama was mute on Occupy.  You know it, I know it, and Obama knows it.

If the plutocrats begin the program, we will end it. -- Eugene Debs.

by livjack on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 11:38:21 AM PDT

•  your deflection, evasion and concern are noted (0+ / 0-)

Nothing for you to see here; move along...

The "extreme wing" of the Democratic Party is the wing that is hell-bent on protecting the banks and credit card companies. ~ Kos

by ozsea1 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 12:20:25 PM PDT