View Diary: Religious right vows to pitch epic fit as Supreme Court rulings loom (250 comments)

•  Woooooo, I'm so skeeered! (8+ / 0-)

What actually worries me is that Christians feel deputized to drive an oak stake through the heart of people they consider evil. If their god speaks to them, they are compelled.
    That kind of delusional psychopathology scares me f'real.

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 02:43:41 PM PDT

•  Ummm, you need to watch that broad brush (2+ / 0-)
      Steveningen, commonmass

Chirstians have been fighting your battles along side the rest of the allies for a long time.

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 04:42:12 PM PDT

•  So it's understood (2+ / 0-)
        swampyankee, commonmass

My diary refers to a very specific group of people who claim the title of Christianity. They are a nasty bunch and deserve scorn. Frankly, I'm okay with religious people of all spots if they understand I'm not likely to join or allow them to deny me my dignity anytime soon.

•  I claim the Title as well (2+ / 0-)
          commonmass, Steveningen

as do Nuns On the Bus, the Mary Knolls, the Episcopal Church in America, the American Baptist Church, etc. .  And we all fighting for peace and justice, for the separation of church and state; and the right of each to make his own religious determination...or not.  We've been doing it, and going to prison for it for a long time, as Christians.

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 05:54:20 PM PDT

•  All three of the Abrahamic religions are (0+ / 0-)

death cults that have caused more trouble throughout history than money or land. Christianity, it particular, has caused or been used to cause most of the real problems of American society since before we were an independent country.
        Yes, there are a few scattered parts of all three of those major faiths that are positive, but the vast majority have been pure poison for centuries. No brush is broad enough to cover the horror they have caused.

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 05:50:20 PM PDT

•  I guess we're not allies then at all (0+ / 0-)

We just need to know who are friends and enemies are.  Clarity is a good thing

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 05:55:36 PM PDT

•  Allies? In what? (1+ / 0-)
            JerryNA

I march with whoever shows up. If they have a dog collar or a Star of David, fine as long as we're headed the same direction. Several of the peace and justice activists I've worked with over the decades have been religious folk and I went to a couple of Quaker schools (one great, one not so good), so I don't automatically hate any and all people of faith.
            But the overall damage done in the name of religion to groups of people and to society as a whole is glaring and unforgivable. Sorry.
            And I agree with your sig line 100%, so there's that.

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 06:33:35 PM PDT