View Diary: NC Gov. McCory Repeals Racial Justice Act, Restores Legal Lynching on Juneteenth Liberation Holiday (218 comments)

•  Why? Because you haven't looked. (1+ / 0-)
    FishOutofWater

Backlash?  WTF you think we've been doing in Raleigh?

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
    I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
    —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 01:01:23 PM PDT

•  Okay. (1+ / 0-)
      polecat

[Backs away from the diary]

Er.  Sorry I asked. Apologies. I'm gone.

"In America white privilege is what this country is built on and if you don't think so its because fish are the last ones to realize that the ocean exists." -commenter on a HONY photo

by Glinda on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 09:43:50 PM PDT

•  (sorry - I'm a bit charged up about this) (2+ / 0-)
        FishOutofWater, Glinda

You don't need to run away.  I'll be nicer.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
        I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
        —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 05:40:15 AM PDT

•  When I saw this diary and since it lacked links (1+ / 0-)
          FishOutofWater

I checked Google News.  Nothing in the main headlines.  In fact it took me 3 Google searches to scare up this story.

And the NC newspapers were not much help.  Although I did see some other disturbing items that made me wonder what the hell is going on in NC these days ... like who the hell are these Civitas people?

by Glinda on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 09:21:21 AM PDT

•  There's a link now (1+ / 0-)
            Glinda

but as I live in NC there's plenty of stuff I know that may not make the papers.

look for my eSci diary series Thursday evening.

by FishOutofWater on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 07:48:52 PM PDT

•  That doesn't bode well for pushback (0+ / 0-)

For those organization that want to raise awareness of the repercussions of this repeal, that there is no NC newspaper covering this it a major obstacle to fixing this.

And I do understand how much of an understatement that is.

Or succinctly stated: Duh!

by Glinda on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 08:16:31 PM PDT

•  You haven't heard more because (1+ / 0-)
        polecat

the surveillance story has grabbed the national and international attention.

It takes time and multiple news stories for people to become aware of what's happening at the state level.

look for my eSci diary series Thursday evening.

by FishOutofWater on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 06:31:58 AM PDT

•  So Americans have the attention spans (1+ / 0-)
          polecat

only for one story?

That question was merely rhetorical.  SInce, sadly, I knw that to be true.  And yet I'll bet at least 10 of my friends will be able to quote the gross of the opening weekend of "Monsters University" on Monday.

by Glinda on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 09:11:15 AM PDT