View Diary: Yet Another Ruling against Trayvon -- Audio Experts excluded from Trial (155 comments)

•  The judge wants Zimmerman to get away with murder. (2+ / 0-)
    doroma, The Jester

It's just that simple.

Obama is the Chickenshit-in-Chief for failing to stand up to Republicans on all their phony scandals, from the "beer summit," to Van Jones, "death panels," Shirley Sherrod, contraception, Benghazi, and the IRS.

by expatjourno on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 10:06:12 AM PDT

•  That's completely unfair and scurrilous. (10+ / 0-)

The judge had to make a decision regarding whether the methods used by these experts was scientifically tested and proven to be valid.  If you have a basis for believing that there WAS evidence in the record to demonstrate that, and she ignored it, you can criticize her on that basis.

Certainly she has made some rulings against the Zimmerman defense team, ruling, for example, that the prosecution can use terms like "profiled" "wannabe cop" etc.

•  I don't know about scurrilous, given what's... (1+ / 0-)
        cap76

...happened from the beginning.

But yes, I read some comments indicating the judge may have made the correct ruling, so I retract my comment.

by expatjourno on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 12:01:20 PM PDT

•  The judge must presume Zimmerman is innocent... (2+ / 0-)
      expatjourno, VClib

...until the prosecution can prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, according to the standards of the American judicial system, that he is guilty.

That's how the system is supposed to work.

by JamesGG on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 10:28:19 AM PDT

•  I understand how the system is SUPPOSED TO work. (1+ / 0-)
        Dogs are fuzzy

The judge is also not supposed to stack the deck.

This is the South. Black victim. Wannabe cop defendant. Long history of people getting away with killing African-Americans.

Did I jump to conclusions in this instance? Quite possibly so. It sure looks like it. But it's based on my knowledge of history, not any lack of knowledge about "how the system is supposed to work."

by expatjourno on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 12:08:00 PM PDT

•  the judge is totally in the conspiracy. (3+ / 0-)

its turtles all the way down.

•  Possible: such things happen. (1+ / 0-)
      expatjourno

Your evidence it's happening in this case?

Freedom isn't free. Patriots pay taxes.

by Dogs are fuzzy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 03:38:56 PM PDT

•  Statistical probability, given where the trial... (0+ / 0-)

...is being held.

But some of the commenters did a good job of explaining why the ruling was correct. Had I read those first, I would not have written the comment that way and maybe not at all.

by expatjourno on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 04:32:16 AM PDT