View Diary: Anatomy of Hate: Dissecting ODS Comments (88 comments)

•  I will indeed use the healthcare expansion (7+ / 0-)

because I disagree with your characterization of it.  Millions of people who couldn't afford healthcare now can, and millions more can afford it better.  And why the hell wouldn't I cite DADT?

"She's terse - I can be terse. Once, in flight school, I was laconic." -Wash

by Troubadour on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 09:42:53 PM PDT

•  Many never could and can't and (2+ / 0-)
      Sandino, Words In Action

ENDA

There are no sacred cows.

by LaEscapee on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 09:45:51 PM PDT

•  You'll have to be a little more descriptive. (1+ / 0-)
        Patate

"She's terse - I can be terse. Once, in flight school, I was laconic." -Wash

by Troubadour on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 09:47:05 PM PDT

•  You are tiresome (3+ / 0-)

A few points

Public option/medicare for all

Kowtow to teh gays for reelection then ignore.

Have you figured out what 7 vs' 3 is yet?

I'm not going further because you are blind to facts and the reality that is all around you.

Like I said I can't wait until there is an address change so we can back to real discussion of things that matter to the world. Of course I do expect you and others to defend the illegalities and deception of the next inhabitant whether it be an R or D.If not you might seem to be hypocrites.

There are no sacred cows.

by LaEscapee on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 09:56:09 PM PDT

•  Funny, I find intelligent discussion invigorating. (3+ / 0-)
            Ahianne, Patate, jdsnebraska

You might want to examine why you find it exhausting.

Public option/medicare for all
            You're blaming him for what Congress wouldn't pass?  Umm, you did see my diary on Derangement Civics, right?  The branch of government that passes laws is called Legislative, not "Obama Failing to Pass Laws."  It consists of hundreds of actual human beings who make their own decisions based on their own agendas.  People we elect.  So frankly, unless the President vetoed a public/option or Medicare For All bill that passed Congress, we have a lot more to answer for as voters on the subject than he does as President.
            Kowtow to teh gays for reelection then ignore.
            Ah, the Derangement is strong in this comment.  When he helps gay people it's "kowtowing," when he still helps gay people but isn't able to miracle his way past Congress, he's "ignoring" them.  All possible sets of events must be interpreted negatively.
            Have you figured out what 7 vs' 3 is yet?
            I haven't even heard of it.
            I just showed you facts and reality.  The only reason you're even bothering to explain yourself in this level of detail is because I demanded it, and you're still failing utterly to justify your position.
            You can get back to "real" discussions any time you please.  By all means, resist the impulses of ODS and talk about issues and action-oriented solutions.  I do that regularly, but I generally don't see ODS sufferers participating in those diaries.  They seem to think substance is a distraction from the real priority.

"She's terse - I can be terse. Once, in flight school, I was laconic." -Wash

by Troubadour on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 10:17:53 PM PDT

•  Okay its official. You are my hero. (5+ / 0-)

As a target of years and years of serious verbal abuse and manipulation, and now regularly being triggered and tongue tied in the face of it, my only tools have been to get away from any perpetrators in my environment or use a phrase I picked up in my healing research "That's what you say".  I have used that a few times on DK when I felt like I was back in that vicious cycle with someone here.

To see someone dispassionate like yourself (which is no longer possible for me as a long term target) use logic and critical thinking to address the fallacies, to see the decompensation take place on the part of the perp as the interchange moves forward has me riveted.  I have rarely seen this level of understanding and wisdom that you display in the face of this kind of hatred.  Sometimes gifted comics with wonderful senses of irony can accomplish it.  Every once in a long while a person comes along that can speak truth to power in such a fair and wise way either by training or by natural gifts.  To see this done by someone benevolent is a miraculous thing.  There are glib con men (like Gingrich) that have a great verbal facility to return jibe for jibe and they really frustrate me but you are one of the good guys.

Blessings on you!

•  I see your point but what if the next POTUS is (1+ / 0-)
            freakofsociety

A Republican like Rubio or Christie or any other GOPer. ?

What then ? Any progress we are seeing, even small bits of progress will be wiped out as well as SCOTUS vacancies will be a nightmare if next POTUS is a republican. I shudder and fear for minorities, women , LGBT and so on.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

• Spam (22)
  • Education (21)
  • GOP (21)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • Economy (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Law (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site