View Diary: Discussing Snowden's legal issues isn't a 'distraction'. (148 comments)

•  i.e. (2+ / 0-)
    high uintas, alain2112

See fringe left.
    Its here. Alive and well.

We consume the carcasses of creatures of like appetites, passions and organs with our own, and fill the slaughterhouses daily with screams of pain and fear. Robert Louis Stevenson

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:13:26 PM PDT

•  Don't start with the insults... (6+ / 0-)

I'm being polite and expect the same courtesy.

•  stop being so damn paranoid again (2+ / 0-)
        GoGoGoEverton, alain2112

And assume its always about you.
        Its not.

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:30:31 PM PDT

•  It's just more distraction. The constant (7+ / 0-)

bickering. You keep saying how bad this site is yet you do nothing to make it better.  I even see a comment about that here in the diary.

Why not write a diary with your points in it?  Or, if you don't have time to write a diary, add some comments to diaries that add to the discussion.

I'm being sincere here.  I know it's hard to step away sometimes and see the forest for the trees.  The hide rate system also adds to the video game fighting element of the site.  I struggle with it myself.

But in the end, what's the value in the constant bickering?

•  You're here too, Special. You're not (1+ / 0-)
            alain2112

well, special.

I was gonna listen to that, but then, um, I just carried on living my life. - Aldous Snow

by GoGoGoEverton on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:54:30 PM PDT

•  I'm sure that applies to us all. (2+ / 0-)
              dclawyer06, Words In Action

But Christin lobbed the bomb.  SK was trying to be reasonable.  Christin SHOULD write a diary.

I think that anyone going extreme on either end should be insulted, thoroughly (and in a funny fashion).  Might have to dust off some really juicy ones.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
              I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
              —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:59:29 PM PDT

•  This is really a waste, polecat. (2+ / 0-)
                alain2112, polecat

You know darn well there's more than that bomb being thrown, including the '6-year-old' lolbomb above. Blinders don't become you.

by GoGoGoEverton on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:06:23 PM PDT

•  Actually, I'm just trying to justify insulting (0+ / 0-)

people.

The Rox/Sux argument has never abated and I don't see how it can EVER if we don't find some kind of way to dampen it

The two arguments I despise the most are 1) STFU and 2) not gonna vote.

Both are worthy of being told to f- off in the ugliest ways possible.

So let's have some fun with it.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
                  I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
                  —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 07:16:29 PM PDT

•  sk was reasonable (0+ / 0-)

I did not lob the bomb at him.
                What is this ...angry birds.?

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:17:01 PM PDT

•  Right. And where did I say I was. (2+ / 0-)
              dclawyer06, Words In Action

Honestly, GoGo, you're schtick is tiresome.

•  go back to day one of this crap (2+ / 0-)
            yorkiedoglover, alain2112

Where people who did not felt Snowden was no hero, or the nsa thing wasn't the end times, were called:
            Good Germans
            Nazis
            Bots
            Paid left
            Idiots
            Ignorant
            Fucked up priorities folk
            Etc etc.

I did not care one way or another what anyone else thought.
            Because I don't care anymore if screen names agree or disagree with me.
            So he's your hero. Cool.
            Nsa bad in your eyes...ok.

I get called every asshole name idiots can muster for not agreeing that Snowden is a hero?
            To this day? And having those comments get recced and praised?
            Not to mention it started with opol/calling me an idiot and a Nazi?
            Yup. I'll give it right back.
            Bullies can kiss my ass.
            I've had it.

And no. No diary on this crap.
            This whole site is Snowden all day all night already.

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:10:02 PM PDT

•  I'm paranoid? (6+ / 0-)

I'm having a great day and a civil discussion.

And you're trying to bait me into a pissing match by calling me names which I hope don't get uprates.

I'm in a good mood. Not biting.

•  You have interesting standards. Civil? (1+ / 0-)
            Christin
            And Jay Walked and left a Popsicle stick on a park bench. Let's not sweep that under the rug.

And others have been discussing emotional* changes sweeping over Greenwald ever since the President charged his younger, male "partner." Glenn's apparently abandoned his lifelong fight to protect journalism, Free Speech and privacy.

Now it's payback time.
            ............
            ............
            *Please ignore the fact that Greenwald has never shown any emotion in any venue ever. Not a smile, a joke, an anecdote or a flash of anger. He's really quite "dramatic" if you catch my drift.

Gag.

by GoGoGoEverton on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:56:35 PM PDT

•  There is always hope for rehabilitation. (2+ / 0-)
              SpecialKinFlag, Words In Action

Diarist included. :)

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
              I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
              —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:00:11 PM PDT

•  did he write that (0+ / 0-)

Wtf?

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:15:41 PM PDT

•  I stand by every word... (4+ / 0-)

Greenwald is being dismissed as overly emotional to dismiss his criticisms. It plays into unfortunate stereotypes about gay Americans.

Strange that posting my opinion about Greenwald is an insult against you?
                Okay...

•  Every UNcivil word. nt (0+ / 0-)

by GoGoGoEverton on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:29:21 PM PDT

•  like i said (0+ / 0-)

Wtf?

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:37:04 PM PDT

•  I'm not interested in a pissing match... (2+ / 0-)
                    DeadHead, Words In Action

Just for your entertainment. If you wanna rage, do it alone.

As far as that diary, I stand by every single word I've written. I think it was built on a foundation of homophobic and sexist imagery. It was fueled by them , cleverly sprinkled throughout such that, I doubt many people noticed what the diarist was doing. I didn't either at first, I thought it was a random series of stand alone thoughts about GG.

I also admire the diary, not for the arguments which, trade on ugly stereotypes, and baseless innuendos but for the skillful way it was put together. It was almost written in meter, hitting its(unfortunate) themes with metronomic regularity. The first line is f'ing briliant.
                    That's my opinion of the diary.
                    If you want to claim the paragraphs above are an attack on you, you'll have to 'splain it.

But I'll leave it at that.

FYI: I reported both of you but the heart of my complaint was not aimed at Christin's insult, a standard bit of Fristing that should get hr'd. I want admins to look at your uprates. Nothing personal, but you can't just uprate baseless diagnoses because the argument isn't goin well for you.

Have a good day.

See the rage in this comment?

•  whoosh (0+ / 0-)

You are so ridiculous.
            I just said it was not about you!
            It was said in general.
            And you double down on the same exact nonsense.
            You make a habit of accusing people of calling you names and then escalate it.
            Talk about not falling for your same old shit.

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:14:12 PM PDT

•  3rd insult from Christin. 0 from me... (3+ / 0-)

For the record.

•  yup (0+ / 0-)

This is what you do.
                Save the link. Its what you're up too.

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:26:08 PM PDT

•  I haven't insulted anyone in this diary. (2+ / 0-)
                  DeadHead, Words In Action

You're just making it up.

You now seem to claim the very act of writing my opinion  on Daily Kos is an attack on you. Even if my comment is not about you, or directed at you. No matter how politely stated or courteously formatted, it is, by definition, a barbaric assault on you. And I should stop being so paranoid and say sorry.

I've harmed you by participating with thoughts you don't share.

The nerve.

Here's my first savage attack:

Don't start with the insults... (3+ / 0-)

I'm being polite and expect the same courtesy.

shake well

I'm being polite and expect the same courtesy. I'm like Godzilla. Destroyer of nations!

You respond:

stop being so damn paranoid again (1+ / 0-)

And assume its always about you.
                  Its not.

But maybe you just don't think we should be able to discuss Snowden or the NSA? If I'd had a temper and started insulting you back, i'd be buried in the hiddens now.
                  I did not care one way or another what anyone else thought.
                  Because I don't care anymore if screen names agree or disagree with me.
                  So he's your hero. Cool.
                  Nsa bad in your eyes...ok.

To this day? And having those comments get recced and praised?
                  Not to mention it started with opol/calling me an idiot and a Nazi?
                  Yup. I'll give it right back.
                  Bullies can kiss my ass.
                  I've had it.

And no. No diary on this crap.
                  This whole site is Snowden all day all night already.

IOW: Stop talking about Snowden or you'll call me names while claiming you're the victim. If you didn't want to talk about Snowden then why did you come into a diary ABOUT Snowden? Oi.

I'm gonna go talk politics(there's a ton of that on this site, ya know)? Lots of opinions too!!!

•  . (0+ / 0-)

you are obsessed with yourself.
                    gross.

by Christin on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 06:01:48 PM PDT

•  Wow (2+ / 0-)
      dclawyer06, Words In Action

spoken like a true progressive.  Is the alternative to the fringe left the corpo dem?

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. Albert Einstein

by kharma on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:36:04 PM PDT

•  well. (1+ / 0-)
        high uintas

Considering those who do not call Snowden a hero but think, on their opinion, he is a coward? And they are called morons, haters, bots, the professional left, paid left. Gop et Al.
        Whatever.

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:21:01 PM PDT

•  I admit to having admiration (1+ / 0-)
          GoGoGoEverton

when first I heard about him bringing attention to this. I know have little respect for him, but that doesn't reflect on my opinion on the NSA. I was furious with the Patriot Act and have been against all aspects of it since. This attack, all the attacks in fact, on the Bill of Rights must stop.

"Humidity built the snowman. Sunshine brought him down" John Prine

by high uintas on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 02:42:45 PM PDT

•  Guaranteed to be a discussion point. (3+ / 0-)

Not.

You ever think about ways to engage people and talk or is it just more fun to lob bombs into the crowd?

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
      I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
      —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:57:00 PM PDT

•  please. (0+ / 0-)

Your peeps are calling those who don't agree every disgusting name in their arsenal, and are doing it right here, now.
        And you say I'm throwing bombs.
        Guess you don't see it when its done by those you agree with.

by Christin on Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 01:25:13 PM PDT