View Diary: If MLK Had Acted Like Snowden (138 comments)

•  He considered himself to be releasing the info (0+ / 0-)

to the general public, not just the American public. And I think that hacking public infrastructure like hospitals is good for people to know about.

And if those laptops weren't encrypted to the gills then Booz and the NSA is not even close to doing their job. It's not difficult to encrypt a laptop enough that it is functionally impossible to decrypt, and unless he's a complete idiot Snowden would have done that.

If debt were a moral issue then, lacking morals, corporations could never be in debt.

by AoT on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 12:27:01 PM PDT

•  That's not the opinion of the pros. (2+ / 0-)
      Patate, freakofsociety

A laptop is not a very sophisticated machine compared to the resources available to a national intelligence agencies' cryptographers.  And that's assuming he didn't just give the information to them.

Assumptions begin with ass and end with shit.

by Troubadour on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 12:36:02 PM PDT

•  Which pros are these? (0+ / 0-)

Because they don't know what they're talking about. But, yes, assuming he didn't give them the info.

by AoT on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 12:45:53 PM PDT

•  The ones in the NYT article cited in (1+ / 0-)
          Patate

one of the immediately previous two diaries by a couple of commenters.

Assumptions begin with ass and end with shit.

by Troubadour on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:30:28 PM PDT

•  You'll forgive me if I don't wade through (0+ / 0-)

other diaries on this subject :)

But I find it highly unlikely and unless they were someone like Bruce Snider(sp?) then I'd find their statements highly suspect. 1024 bit dual key encryption is functionally unbreakable without a quantum computer, and even then it might still not be possible at this point. And that's pretty easy to do. I can set that up in an hour if I wanted to.

by AoT on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:33:53 PM PDT

•  Just do a page search for NYT or New York. (2+ / 0-)
              AoT, Patate

I'm referring to my own previous two diaries, btw, not the ones on the list.

Assumptions begin with an ass and end with shit.

by Troubadour on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:35:19 PM PDT

•  Those were on the rec list (0+ / 0-)

Or at least one was. I think those 800-900 comment sections are messing up my browser. I'll search NYT though, thanks.

by AoT on Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:43:27 PM PDT