View Diary: Thank you John Boehner, for DOMA's repeal (93 comments)

•  O/T.....Corker is lambasting the GOP on the senate (3+ / 0-)
    CajunBoyLgb, nellgwen, Matt Z

floor....That's Corker with an 'R'

•  Over what issue? (2+ / 0-)
      CajunBoyLgb, nellgwen
      •  IMMIGRATION!!!...coming to a head. (4+ / 0-)
        CajunBoyLgb, hulibow, nellgwen, Matt Z
        •  DOMA decision should make it easier (1+ / 0-)
          skillet

for Sen. Leahy to get LGBT rights recognized for immigrants (I hope).

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." - H. L. Mencken

by SueDe on Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 08:48:44 AM PDT

•  No need for the Leahy (0+ / 0-)

Amendment now...same sex married couples will be given the same federal recognition as hetro married couple.  So its a big deal for the immigration debate as it pretty much takes that issue off of the table.

Hey you, dont tell me theres no hope at all Together we stand, divided we fall.

by marcvstraianvs on Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 09:00:39 AM PDT

•  Why not? Does it depend on what state (0+ / 0-)

the immigrants are destined to live in?  After the Prop 8 decision, doesn't the federal government have to take that into consideration?  Or are the immigrants' sex sex marriage valid until they move into, say, Texas?

What a convoluted, unholy mess that Prop 8 decision has made of the principle of states'rights.

by SueDe on Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 09:33:32 AM PDT

•  "sex sex marriage"? (0+ / 0-)

Sometimes even the Preview function fails me.  I meant "same sex marriage, of course."

by SueDe on Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 09:35:07 AM PDT

•  Immigration is a Federal Issue (0+ / 0-)

States don't have much say when it comes to immigration, even in the eyes of the Roberts' Court as seen by them striking down Arizona's papers laws.

Hey you, dont tell me theres no hope at all Together we stand, divided we fall.

by marcvstraianvs on Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 09:39:18 AM PDT

•  MMW: Immigration is going to BREAK the GOP (1+ / 0-)
          skillet

...directly in half.  My conservative friends (yes I have a few both in RL and OL) keep playing it down....but listen to the Talk Radio crowd with their talk of "Scamnesty" and how Fox News Hosts like Hannity have "gone to the dark side" and you can see plainly where this is going.

They have made it plain that Marco Rubio CANNOT be a 2016 nominee and this is going to be because of immigration. He simply will NOT make it out of a primary.

Message to Dems: We HAVE to start showing up for Midterms.

by Jank2112 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 08:51:50 AM PDT