View Diary: Animal Nuz #155 (139 comments)

•  I love a fresh tomato more than almost (7+ / 0-)

anything!!

Hey, GC, now I would like to point out that you have more
    than enough time to plan to come to NYC for the August meetup. Yasu stated in a diary to Joan Booker that she would be attending (HA!!). I would love to see you, as would everyone else. I will buy you some fries. How about it? Then, there is your boyfriend to consider and I'll bet he will show up if you are there. See how your presence will expand the overall joy!!

I am so glad that you did not die a premature junk food death!!

"Southern nights have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint ~~Remember the Gulf of Mexico~~

by rubyr on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 01:10:40 PM PDT

•  Tomato is the true gift (6+ / 0-)

of the entire food world.  Of course we have to wait too frigging long for local ones.  The ones I bought are early tomatoes but also "hot house."  They honestly tasted pretty damned good.  And the young guy who was selling them told me the whole process -- they start with coconut fiber in January.  Now I have to research.

My porch tomatoes have tons of flowers and some already moving to little teeny weeny tomatoes.

And yes -- August meetup sounds perfect.  What's the date?  I have been working like a dog (not Daisy) so have missed tons of NEW DAY diaries.  I loves my NYC buddies.  Don't worry, my boyfriend and I will get a room if things get out of hand.  See you then and man -- I'd love to see Yas.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 01:29:55 PM PDT

•  Here it is!! (4+ / 0-)
        cactusgal, gchaucer2, ericlewis0, whaddaya

I believe based on the poll that the date is August 4th.

I would love to see you and Yasu. Work on her. She does not listen to a word that I say!!

by rubyr on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 04:06:08 PM PDT

•  August 4 is perfect (3+ / 0-)
          ericlewis0, whaddaya, rubyr

it is the day after what would have been my parents' 67th anniversary.  I just put it on the calendar.  Yasu doesn't listen to a word anyone says except for Phil who is now in Republican NC.

I can get to Metro North -- not a problem.  Can't wait to see you and everyone else.

by gchaucer2 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 05:20:41 PM PDT

•  P.S. Good luck with the 'maters!! n/t (4+ / 0-)
        cactusgal, gchaucer2, ericlewis0, whaddaya

by rubyr on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 04:08:46 PM PDT

•  It will be Sunday, August 4th (3+ / 0-)
        gchaucer2, ericlewis0, whaddaya

I would be so jazzed if you come! Woohoo!

Sorry it's so far away in time, but the LH and I are still doing our post-NN grand tour of the Pacific NW. So, it's hot back there, huh?

I hope that junk food tasted awful. We want you alive and well!

by sidnora on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 05:21:43 PM PDT

•  I'm coming!!!!!!! (4+ / 0-)
          sidnora, ericlewis0, KenBee, whaddaya

The junk food was my last hurrah of crap.  My good friend (former domestic partner) gave me a 3 month membership to the Y.  I'm going tomorrow to check out the schedules (like when the blind people swim laps) and then Monday is my true start date because it is July 1 plus the month that I celebrate my 63rd b'day.  Don't tell eric because he thinks I'm a hot 28 year old.

Hope you don't suffer heat prostration in one of the most gorgeous parts of our flawed United States.

Can't wait to see you, sidnora.  You are utterly adorable.

by gchaucer2 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 05:32:22 PM PDT

•  Not today, anyway. (3+ / 0-)
            gchaucer2, ericlewis0, whaddaya

We spent a delightful day hunting for elk (with car & camera, no luck yet), hiking to a waterfall and then taking a walk on the beach. Temperatures are very pleasant here.

Last hurrah of crap: when I said I hope it tasted awful, I was thinking of my last cigarette, which tasted disgusting. Also you should bear in mind that there are many non-junk foods that are incredibly delicious and not nearly the sort of thing that ascetic anorexics allow themselves. Next time you are craving those chips, try an artichoke w/a little hollandaise instead. You'll be saying, "Chips? What chips?" after that.

Have fun at the Y. Lap swimming is excellent exercise, but can lead to increased appetite (that's why I switched to jogging). If they have a sauna that is a wonderful treat after you're done.

And you better not be funnin' me. Im going to kosmail navajo to put you on the RSVP/Guest Stars list. Who knows, we might even be qble to get Eric to come. Looking forward to seeing you!

by sidnora on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 05:46:40 PM PDT

•  Put me on the list, dear heart (3+ / 0-)
              ericlewis0, sidnora, whaddaya

The "hunt" is part of the joy!

I have made kale chips -- I still have to work on the balance of olive oil and kale and sea salt.  I love them.

You are one of the most fit people I have known.  I hope I can get where you are.  I could do laps for hours.  I have a slow pace and without the cigs for almost 17 months, no breathing problems.  I also love weight lifting.

It is the white wine I have to either eliminate completely or learn to cut back dramatically.  I do love my chamomile and mango green iced tea.

Really, have a wonderful time and can't wait to see you in August.

by gchaucer2 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 05:55:02 PM PDT

•  Kale chips are the bomb! (2+ / 0-)
                ericlewis0, whaddaya

Try making them with garlic sometime, too.

Me, fit? You haven't looks very closely, have you? More like, I have no clothes that fit.

by sidnora on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 10:20:09 PM PDT