View Diary: The Size of the "Terrorist Threat" (63 comments)

•  Let's not degrade the discussion to insults (1+ / 0-)
    mike101

I did vote.

In 2008 we thought we were electing someone who would end the madness. The entire world was so impressed the man we elected was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

It didn't work out the way we thought it would.

If anyone was to run on a platform of undoing the damage done since 2001, do you think that person would be elected?

Do you think we would have an open discussion of what kind of country we want to live in?

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 12:39:10 PM PDT

•  Asking you if you voted is degrading? Wow. (0+ / 0-)

Change comes through the democratic process. Delegitimization of difference is dangerous and is not consistent with freedom. Delegitimization of election results is not consistent with freedom.

Every citizen has the right to decide about security and defense and that doesn't change because you hate Obama or whoever.

I see we are now reduced back to rox/sux and so the true interest here has been reveled. I thought the discussion was about something much more important-the centrality of our political process.

I'll leave you to the echo chamber.

The politicians may be bought, and the system corrupt, but it is our duty to fix these things.

by sebastianguy99 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 12:54:54 PM PDT

•  um, please don't presume to tell me what this (2+ / 0-)
        Just Bob, mike101

diary is about.

The "traitor/hero" sideshow is not welcome here.

Neither is the "rox/sux".

Throw your pies elsewhere, thanks.

This diary is about two things:  (1) the measured size of the "terrorist threat", and (2) the emotional overreaction our society has to that miniscule "threat".

•  Look Mr. Prvilege (0+ / 1-)
          Hidden by:
          Jim P

You don't get to tell me what to do with my words and my thoughts.

Get your freaking mind right dude you are not my superior and I will not bend my back as you continue to demand.

by sebastianguy99 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 01:03:19 PM PDT

•  Actually he does in his diary (0+ / 0-)

You are in full on diary disruption mode now.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 01:08:17 PM PDT

•  I'm sure you would like a link on that (0+ / 0-)

The "guest in someone's house" rule

Walking into someone's diary is like walking into someone's home. You are a guest. Act accordingly. That doesn't mean you can't disagree. It just means you have to be civil and courteous and limit your arguments to substance.

That level of courtesy must be even higher in group diaries. If people want to hang out and talk about X, and you are anti-X, then either be on your bestest of best behavior or just stay away. You are always free to write your own response diary or start your own anti-X group.

So, my tolerance for dickishness will be least in group diaries, followed by personal diaries, followed by your own diaries.

Bottom line: If you don't like someone, ignore or argue PURELY on the facts. If you refuse to heed and seek out your foes to shit all over their diaries, I will zap you. You don't need to go after the same people every day to remind them that yes, you still don't like them.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 01:11:43 PM PDT

•  Trolling mixed with abuse. Hide Rated. (0+ / 0-)

Actual Democrats is the surest, quickest, route to More Democrats

by Jim P on Sun Jun 30, 2013 at 08:11:30 AM PDT

•  Asking if I voted followed by... (0+ / 0-)
        so don't be dense
        yeah...that's an insult.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 01:01:29 PM PDT