View Diary: Happee Caturdai Pootie Diaree (92 comments)

•  Glad you kept away (16+ / 0-)

from Crazy, mj!! :-)

This is an amazing little piece about the endangered kitten born to the domestic kitty.

The earth is what we all have in common. ~ Wendell Berry

by Knockbally on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 11:55:22 AM PDT

•  Thanks Knockbally! Strange how easily I was (23+ / 0-)

almost pulled over the precipice. Glad I didn't take anyone with me.
      Anywho. :)
      I love the story about the little cat helping to save the big cat. Here is a video:

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. ---Arnold H. Glasow

by mjbleo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 12:11:38 PM PDT

•  I had that a couple of weeks ago (15+ / 0-)

Where I let someone, who was getting wound up and who would not stop talkingandtalking, make me almost shout "OMG! Shut UP and listen to me!"

Almost.  Whew.  :-)

I also have managed to keep out of some of the rather, ahem - vivid  - conversations on the rest of the site.  Probably the best for everyone.

The earth is what we all have in common. ~ Wendell Berry

by Knockbally on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 12:16:22 PM PDT

•  Awwwwwww.... (15+ / 0-)

~♥~ Cuuuuuuuuuuuute wild cat!!! ~♥~

by NonnyO on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 01:09:24 PM PDT

•  NonnyO is here! NonnyO is here! Howdy! (15+ / 0-)

Jay Jay the cat at the computer
          Jay Jay, demonstrating his computer skills at Madison Square Garden in New York
          Picture: GETTY

by mjbleo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 01:33:31 PM PDT

•  {{{~♥~mjbleo~♥~}}} (9+ / 0-)

Hope your day is going fabulously well...!  :-)

Good to "see" you!

I've been doing genealogy research and when I take a break, watching old Jeeves and Wooster episodes on Hulu.  :-)

I have my regular quarterly check-up appt with my dr. on Monday and last time I was there he mentioned his uncles who lived in the same town where I was born (25 miles from my childhood home, it's the only hospital in many, many miles).  Well, that had to be his mother's surname since he has a different surname.  When I got home, I checked..., and it took about two or three hours of looking through generations to find him and his mother's Norwegian ancestors online..., so it seemed a good time to do a tiny bit of documentation.  Then, when I checked my own database I discovered one of his great uncles was married to my aunt's mother's cousin, already in my database, and I would have gotten to researching the line at some point since I can find things in the Norwegian databases - I just wouldn't have connected them to my doctor without the added impetus of another generation.  I called my aunt (widow of my mother's eldest bro) and asked her about the family, and she said she was good friends with the sister who is my doc's great aunt, sibling of the grandfather and the other gr-uncle and told me who she was married to, so that's another line to connect and research at some point.  Reminded of my regular appt by the usual phone call, I decided to add a bit more and surprise the doc with some data and documents.  It will either freak him out... or please him... (or both) since I didn't ask if he wanted me to find his ancestors and I didn't ask any actual questions that would lead him to think I'd do any research.  I don't know which.  ;-)

by NonnyO on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 02:07:59 PM PDT

•  I am really good NonnyO! I am at work at the (10+ / 0-)

best eating establishment in the Universe. There is a band playing on the patio, a blend of classic rock, southern rock, classic country and blues. Not really my kind of sound, but the atmosphere is festive.
              Cool about the research. I can't imagine that the good doc would be anything but pleased, but be sure to let me know the outcome. That is truly incredible work that you do.

Pets Cats Toilet Training
              This Monday, May 16, 2011 photo shows animal trainer Dawn Barkan as she demonstrates some training exercises with her 4-year-old Seal Point Himalayan cat, Charlie, at her home in Green Township, N.J. Barkan trained all the Himalayan cats who have portrayed Mr. Jinx in the films "Meet the Parents," "Meet the Fockers" and "Little Fockers," including two rescued cats, Peanut and Charlie, who still live with her.   (AP Photo/Mel Evans)

by mjbleo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 02:15:13 PM PDT

•  Oh, goodness... (6+ / 0-)

A cat that uses the toilet...!  Pretty incredible.  That one, like the tabby above, is quite gorgeous!

Actually, a black long-haired cat I had long ago (whose first two litters I midwived) taught herself to do just that.  She had a litter box available, preferred to go outdoors, but would whiz in the toilet if I was at work and she was indoors for those eight+ hours.

Your work atmosphere sounds good!  Best to have a happy place to work (even if the music isn't quite to your taste).  The same kind of music you mention are not my favorites, but tolerable.  My favorites, of course, are '60s R&R, some leftover late '50s when R&R was just coming into style, a few early '70s R&R..., but I also love Celtic, Big Band music (very danceable tunes), Broadway & movie musicals & soundtracks, several kinds of folk music, even ancient folk music using old instruments (YouTube has lots of music from many different countries - I don't have to understand the words to like the music, but sometimes there's a translation of lyrics on the YouTube pages), Jazz, Classical, what used to be termed "Easy Listening".... the list of music I like and new music I find on YouTube that I like keeps getting longer.  When I'm doing genealogy research I sometimes listen to instrumental music of all kinds, especially upbeat Celtic jigs and reels, on Pandora.  [So I don't erroneously add in extra words from song lyrics when I'm searching...!  ;-)]

I hope the doc is more pleased than freaked out.  After all, the only thing I had to go on was his name and the surname of the great uncles he remembered visiting as a kid, a name I recognized instantly as Norwegian so I figured I'd be able to find something.  Even when I don't know them personally, I've done so much research in that one section of the county and surrounding counties that I recognize the surnames from when I was a kid and lived there, plus genealogy research, and some names I can place at specific locations in Norway because I keep running into the same farm names, in particular, which became surnames in the US  :-)

by NonnyO on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 02:36:10 PM PDT

• Recommended (122)
  • Community (60)
  • Media (23)
  • Elections (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Culture (21)
  • Law (21)
  • Environment (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Science (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Economy (17)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Bernie Sanders (15)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Health Care (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site