View Diary: NYC Mayor: Anthony Weiner (D) Cracks Joke About His Name At NYC Gay Pride Parade (20 comments)

•  DeBlasio is a better candidate. (0+ / 0-)

He's progressive without Weiner's baggage.

"While" is a perfectly good word. "Whilst" just sounds pretentious, unless you speak British english.

by ubertar on Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 09:53:29 AM PDT

•  Well, Weiner's in the lead. (0+ / 0-)

You've got to step to the conservative assholes at some point.

Ou sont les neigedens d'antan?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 10:03:02 AM PDT

•  It's a primary. No conservative assholes (0+ / 0-)

until the general election.

by ubertar on Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 11:02:41 AM PDT

•  that wasn't what I meant, sorry (0+ / 0-)

I meant, running away from conservative assholes in the press (and other places) and their hatchet jobs on Democratic politicians, esp. left-wing ones.

Not that this particular hatchet job wasn't based on the truth rather than lies--but you still have to stand up to the people wielding the axe sometime.

Ou sont les neigedens d'antan?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 11:20:47 AM PDT

•  I would vote for Lhota over DeBlasio (0+ / 0-)

I think Bill Thompson has a very good shot.  I plan to vote for Weiner although my heart is with Liu.

•  Thompson proved the last time he couldn't (0+ / 0-)

campaign his way out of a paper bag. I offered to volunteer via email, and no one got back to me. Totally disorganized. I'm not familiar with Lhota or Liu.

by ubertar on Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 11:03:53 AM PDT

•  Really? His campaign wouldn't leave me (0+ / 0-)

alone even though I told them I would not knock on doors.  I'm not sure any dem could have beat Bloomberg. A lot of registered dems voted for Bloomberg.

•  the election turned out to be very close. (0+ / 0-)

If the media hadn't constantly portrayed the race as in the bag for Bloomie, there would have been more turnout and it would have gone the other way. With a better campaign and just the tiniest bit of charisma (of which Thompson has none) that might have happened.

by ubertar on Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 04:30:40 PM PDT