View Diary: The more I think about it, if I'm Evo Morales... (131 comments)

•  Oh, Jeezus tapdancing Krist on a cracker. . . (1+ / 0-)
    sviscusi

WTF is wrong you this place? Are you HOPING that war is declared? SMMFH

I'd like to start a new meme: "No means no" is a misnomer. It should be "Only 'Yes' means yes." Just because someone doesn't say "No" doesn't mean they've given consent. If she didn't say "Yes", there is no consent.

by second gen on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 08:56:04 PM PDT

•  It's an underwear gnome plan (0+ / 0-)

1) Bolivia declares war on the US.
      2) BOOM
      3) ?
      4) Profit

John Roberts? Melville Fuller?? WTF is the difference???.

by Walt starr on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 09:03:15 PM PDT

•  Of course not (2+ / 0-)
      WheninRome, CroneWit

It would be absurd for Bolivia to declare overt war on the U.S.  That's why severing their diplomatic relationship with the offending countries would be about as close as they could get.

But let's turn this around just a skosh, and posit that it was the Chinese Prime Minister who was on a flight that was denied access, and forced to land for fuel because the Chinese version of AF1 was denied transit of airspace.

Think that might raise a few eyebrows?  Or raise the U.S. defense posture to DefCon 3?

It's no longer a slippery slope.  We've just set the precedent.

"Mitt who? That's an odd name. Like an oven mitt, you mean? Oh, yeah, I've got one of those. Used it at the Atlas Society BBQ last summer when I was flipping ribs."

by Richard Cranium on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 09:07:02 PM PDT

•  You said "act of war" (1+ / 0-)
        second gen

Don't hide that meaning with words like "overt".

You think Bolivia would be within its rights to send troops into France and shoot anyone who tries to stop them. That's what war is right? Never mind their chances of winning... you think they'd be in the right.

We were not ahead of our time, we led the way to our time.

by i understand on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 10:05:37 PM PDT

•  Do you see "overt" anywhere? (1+ / 0-)
          CroneWit

Anyway, I'm out for the evening.  Last comment:

Why didn't I think of that?  Bolivia sending troops to invade France?  That could be a fucking bloodbath farce.  Like Maggie Thatcher and the Faulklands!!

Bring it on.

(We need a good Dr. Strangelove gif here, but I don't have the desire to query my photobucket account right now...)

by Richard Cranium on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 10:14:20 PM PDT

•  Why yes, yes I do see the word "overt" (0+ / 0-)
            It would be absurd for Bolivia to declare overt war on the U.S.
            But you'd support their right to do that though... I mean you think France committed an act of war against them after all. right?

I warned you that you were embarrassing yourself. Why don't you just fix your diary to say "insult" instead of "act of war"... that's a lot more reasonable and you've already commented that was "well stated".

We were not ahead of our time, we led the way to our time.

by i understand on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 10:21:58 PM PDT

•  Oh, please (1+ / 0-)
              CroneWit

I was embarrassing myself here before you were a glimmer in your patron's cyber eye.

G'nite.  Wish the mid-shift well.

by Richard Cranium on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 10:26:58 PM PDT

•  Well then... mission accomplished? (0+ / 0-)

G'nite. Have a nice evening and I do hope you decide to temper your words in this respect. War is a serious business, as I am confident you know.

We were not ahead of our time, we led the way to our time.

by i understand on Tue Jul 02, 2013 at 10:35:55 PM PDT