View Diary: This is so brilliant - "Sports and Patriotism" at ESPN.com (151 comments)

•  Yeah, yeah. We can't handle the truth. (0+ / 0-)

Spare me.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:11:17 PM PDT

•  Noticeably absent from your reply (0+ / 0-)

was anything substantive.

Please proceed, Governor.

by USArmyParatrooper on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:14:15 PM PDT

•  On that, you are substantively incorrect. (0+ / 0-)

In any event, as noted in a comment posted shortly before yours, Alexander Hamilton said pretty much everything that needed to be said on the matter, more than 200 years ago.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:16:49 PM PDT

•  Am I? (0+ / 0-)

Here's your remark it its entirety.

Yeah, yeah. We can't handle the truth. (0+ / 0-)

Spare me.

Are you really trying to argue that was substantive?

Please proceed, Governor.

by USArmyParatrooper on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:29:22 PM PDT

•  It sure as fuckity fuck was, (1+ / 0-)
            hoof32

sir.

Sorry I don't have time to bring you up to speed. In any case, I wouldn't want to distract you from everything you do for me that I don't appreciate.

sir.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:33:10 PM PDT

•  Don't be such a drama queen. (0+ / 0-)

I've certainly never even implied anyone has to call me "sir." I made the mistake of requesting we engage each other as adults.

My mistake for overestimating you.

Please proceed, Governor.

by USArmyParatrooper on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:35:50 PM PDT

•  Your entire comment dripped with that special (0+ / 0-)

contempt that members of the Warrior Class all too often entertain for the ordinary citizen. Everybody thinks they're special, but only Warriors and Priests get to make everybody else get down on their knees in obeisance to their particular strain of that self-delusion. What most Warriors decline to acknowledge is that the only reason anybody needs them is for protection against the Warriors who live over there, bossing those people around. It's the most ancient and persistent protection racket in human experience. If there were no people over there, we'd still have the Warriors -- there just wouldn't be any pretense that they were acting in behalf of anybody but themselves.

Your appeal to engagement "as adults" is summarily dismissed.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 05:48:46 PM PDT

•  You're seriously projecting. (0+ / 0-)

The only thing I've shown contempt for is your disgusting, condescending stereotype of those of us who serve. You are the one who has acted contemptuous, not me.

As for an adult discussion being dismissed, I figured as much. Let me know when you develop an ounce of maturity.

Please proceed, Governor.

by USArmyParatrooper on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 06:43:07 PM PDT

•  Read what you wrote, pally. (0+ / 0-)

Then read it again.

Actually, I recommend you read it over and over and over again.

Every fucking day, for about a year.

See if you get the message.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Fri Jul 05, 2013 at 06:55:07 PM PDT