View Diary: I’m calling out Sara R – right to her face! (135 comments)

•  i just started loving lavender so much. (6+ / 0-)

just this past year.
    i have lavender soap and body lotion i bought from the farmers today.
    i bought lavender body mist last week.
    i have lavender ironing spray.

i would love to burn lavender candles, but threw my 30 yankee candles out. you know why.

i wonder if i love it now because without me knowing, it calms my soul?
    john likes it too. a lot.

Sara - I want one.

Christin knows how to hang on and bite with her sharp nasty hateful teeth..then says what a good girl am I! Love me I like animals and Obama..she's just pure evil. Shaharazade 7.5.13

by Christin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 05:49:12 PM PDT

•  Lavendar plants available at your garden store (7+ / 0-)

or farmer's market. Usually in the 'herb' dept.

We have one in the yard, in a warm spot so it comes back every year. Brush against it and you smell good for the whole day.

You can also make your own sachets.

Epic fantasy with a sense of humor -- Hero for Hire

by wonderful world on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 06:03:51 PM PDT

•  i wonder why i did not do this... (6+ / 0-)

wait...it needs sun i think .
        i'm have limited space for that.

by Christin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 06:41:08 PM PDT

•  Because (6+ / 0-)

The lantanas take up all the sunny spots!!

All the suffering of this world arises from a wrong attitude.The world is neither good or bad. It is only the relation to our ego that makes it seem the one or the other - Lama Anagorika Govinda

by kishik on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 06:45:08 PM PDT

•  i have more than ever this year. (8+ / 0-)

i have some in the green house that i could even pull out.
            john got kinda annoyed this year.
            first time ever.
            he said my addiction to flowers and lantana was causing him stress.
            he meant it.

by Christin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 06:58:53 PM PDT

•  So grow (6+ / 0-)

Some lavender. :-)

by kishik on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 07:06:06 PM PDT

•  it's 'actually the limited time we now have (7+ / 0-)

i'll tell you . when he said it. i crawled under the willow tree and cried a few tears. because he meant it.

we ran out of room for everything. and the sicker my mom got? the more pain she was in? the more helpless i became. and  for some reason - i bought more and more.
                than i ever did. mom cries? more lantana. mom in more pain? more lantana. mom goes to hospital? then i bought three trees.

i took so much time off from work to plant. and got so little done.

i wrote 2013 off as not the best year.
                 when i accept that, i feel better.

by Christin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 07:13:18 PM PDT

•  So sorry you're having a hard year (6+ / 0-)

But planting green things to cope with your mother's illness is not the most unhealthy thing you could be doing, not by a long shot.

My lavender plant grows very happily in benign neglect with two coleus (coleuses?) which are not sun-lovers. There are many varieties of lavender...all of which smell good, put out little purple flowers and need varying amounts of sun, water and attention.

Epic fantasy with a sense of humor -- Hero for Hire

by wonderful world on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 07:23:03 PM PDT

•  I'm so sorry, Christin. (6+ / 0-)

Ann and I had a time like this -- first our Dad's illness.  And only months after he passed away, we discovered Mother had the same kind of cancer.  It was a privilege to be there for them -- but it did take a toll on us.  It stretches the heart, caregiving -- sometimes it seems past endurance.

That's why we are so committed to doing community quilts for caregivers.  Caregivers need to know they have people who care about them, too.

{{{{{{{{Christin}}}}}}}}

You can order Pootie Pads here. Pooties love them!

by Sara R on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 07:32:58 PM PDT

•  we all our time, right sara? i know that. (6+ / 0-)

heard about it for years. but thought i would be stronger than this. my mom is my hero and my angel and i revere her to no end...so that made this harder on me than i thought.  i am terrified of losing her but am terrified of this pain she is in. i did not know arthrtis could make life hell. and my dad's blood pressure keeps hitting 220!!!

and he's still here!

ack.

my god, both your mom and dad? so close? same cancer?

It stretches the heart, caregiving -- sometimes it seems past endurance.
                    will stick with me forever...this quote.
                    i am so sorry too Sara...as i argue and bicker with people in another diary..this drives home. what the hell is wrong with me. Kishik told me she gets uplifting vibes and inspiration and goodess from diaries like this. from people like you. why did i not listen? i get so angry over there. my eyes well up with tears over here, reading your comment, but not the bad kind.

the one thing that made me laugh so much? if i ever asked for a quilt? about 10 people would probably give you 100 bucks each to post "you should be banned. "

lol. yup .still laughing.

by Christin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 07:43:45 PM PDT

•  Don't be so hard on yourself (4+ / 0-)
                  winglion, Sara R, Christin, Pam from Calif

I neglected my back garden for years and years because I had to take care of my Mom... And then when she died, it was hard to get anything done.

But your garden will be there for you when you need it.  It will wait.  Even if you neglect it this year.

And your S/O always understands what keeps you grounded and calm... It's why he built you the greenhouse. :-)

by kishik on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 10:13:16 PM PDT

•  my dk angel (4+ / 0-)
                    kishik, winglion, Pam from Calif, Sara R

when will you ever say the wrong thing. i'm slowly typing my response to the kmail.
                    you just never ever ever say anything wrong. it's always right. it's always always right. and always makes me feel so so so much better. and it makes me cry that i missed the date in NYC. and why can't you and MB make another and i would take the day off from work to be there. i have four weeks vacation! i can take any day!

man. i would name my book after you. WHo moved my Garlic bagel with creemz cheeze?
                      ♥
                    i'm still not banned but that that could change any second now with the hr's left and right - you have my emails in case? i am sending them first.
                     oh god potus is screaming at me through the window.

by Christin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 10:31:05 PM PDT

•  First thing (3+ / 0-)
                      winglion, Pam from Calif, Sara R

Change your sig line to what you wrote:

my mom is my hero and my angel and i revere her to no end...
                      :-)

Stay positive don't get sucked into the negative.

Oh. And I'll take that garlic bagel!!!! Yum. Sunday means bagels n creamcheese!!!!

by kishik on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 10:58:30 PM PDT