View Diary: Introducing a new DKos Group: The First and the Fourth (90 comments)

•  Ok, even though you talk about the second a whole (1+ / 0-)
    ancblu

bunch in your diary and your comment above, we won't discuss it. Not sure why you went on and on about it in the first place, or why you are furthering it with all this personal firearm stuff that I'm now unable to respond to even if I cared to.

But you didn't answer my question. Which wasn't about the second.

Why do you say "gummint"?

“Conservation… is a positive exercise of skill and insight, not merely a negative exercise of abstinence and caution…” Aldo Leopold

by ban nock on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 09:00:03 AM PDT

•  Well, since you cannot seem to discern it (3+ / 0-)
      Words In Action, 3goldens, Kombema

on your own, in order to help you I need to know "why does it bother you"?

Because I have no idea why you should be bothered by it.

•  ? Did I say I was bothered? (1+ / 0-)
        ancblu

Seems like you don't want to answer any questions about what you say. I mean feel free to tell me all about your guns, and your thoughts on gun control, and rest assured I won't attempt to discuss the subject, which has kind of been discussed to death.

But what about "gummint"? I'm curious why the misspelling, so I asked. Didn't say I was bothered. If you are uncomfortable with answering that's ok. I too say lots of things which Im uncomfortable explaining.

by ban nock on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 09:23:41 AM PDT

•  That is a jab at the 'gun fetish culture' (2+ / 0-)
          3goldens, quetzal

I am just shocked people can't ficure that out.

That subculture which  takes the 2nd Amendment WAY out of proportion and bounds and thinks it is the only part of the Constitution that means anything.

Click the link in the dairy to see the people I mean.

And this is my last response on the issue.

This isn't about the 2nd.

•  The Kossack above is perhap a gun fetishist, I (2+ / 0-)
            ExpatGirl, xxdr zombiexx

fear. Best not to further engage, because you're clearly being baited.

If s/he doesn't understand the comparison, then it is, as you implied above, hopeless to further try to explain. Suffice it to say that the gun people here are often not all that different in degree from the I/P folks. Not a one-sided pointless shouting match that's worth getting into.

"Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

by Kombema on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 11:03:22 AM PDT

•  They understand perfectly (2+ / 0-)
              xxdr zombiexx, Kombema

but are being purposely combative.

I haven't used my hide rate button since it was awarded but have been sorely tempted to on this intentional baiting and hijacking of the topic.

•  I greatly respect 'that user' (1+ / 0-)
              Kombema

whether they know it or not.

This added to my lack of understanding of what was occurring.

•  I dislike people making fun of rural accents (0+ / 0-)

or accents from different parts of the country, as if the people who live there are ignorant.

It's like Hoekstra's campaign commercial http://www.dailykos.com/... Surely we can dislike people parading around with guns without demeaning where they come from.

Why when we dislike someone or their view do we have to bring up race or ethnicity of place of origin?

by ban nock on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 03:23:03 PM PDT

•  Genuinely curious to know what this has to do with (0+ / 0-)

any of the above. Did I miss something?

by Kombema on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 04:51:16 PM PDT

•  "gummint" "ficure" (0+ / 0-)

by ban nock on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 05:23:43 PM PDT

•  Oh, right. Well, that's more "redneck" talk than (0+ / 0-)

targeting a specific region -- though, yes, I suppose a large percentage of rednecks live in the rural South.

by Kombema on Sat Jul 06, 2013 at 07:15:20 PM PDT