View Diary: What's Happenin'? ☮ ♥ ☺7.9.13 (103 comments)

•  Thanks for the diary yesterday, joanne (12+ / 0-)

It is very distressing that one comment derails the start of a diary, and it is then filled up with so much trolling and hijacking.

I found your diary right away and I was the second comment saying only thank you joanne, to start the comments all over again.

did not work.

There must be a better way, when you put so much time and energy into a diary to not have it filled with the inane utterances of threadjackers.

"Who are these men who really run this land? And why do they run it with such a thoughtless hand?" David Crosby

by allenjo on Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 06:06:04 AM PDT

•  Thanks, allenjo (9+ / 0-)

This place doesn't piss me off that much anymore. I just don't care enough. But that angered me more than anything else has in a long time.  I guess it was building.

I'd just like to know if there is someone/some org behind it or not.  Of course we're not allowed to speculate too much about that here.  We will never find out unless a whistleblower blows the lid off of it all.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 06:25:35 AM PDT

•  These diary hijacks need to stop (9+ / 0-)

I have noticed that the very first comment on every diary about the NSA and/or Snowden is a hijack.  The two persons named here are not the only ones doing this anymore.  It is like they have called in the reinforcements and almost like they are auto replying.

I took some heat recently when I suggested on an unrelated diary that there are people who have been "planted" on this site simply to troll.  One person promptly told me that a comment such as mine could be a bannable offense.

This is totally pissing me off.

"Growing up is for those who don't have the guts not to. Grow wise, grow loving, grow compassionate, but why grow up?" - Fiddlegirl

by gulfgal98 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 06:45:55 AM PDT

•  Of course there are people being paid to post here (4+ / 0-)

and elsewhere.

That's how the world works.

However, accusing someone of doing it without proof is kind of pointless and not very productive, since they could just return the charge.

Mr. Universe is a known degenerate Robotophile, and his sources include former Browncoat Traitors. What is their agenda in leaking top secret information about the Reavers and endangering us all?

by JesseCW on Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 07:14:20 AM PDT

•  I did not accuse anyone specifically (6+ / 0-)

It was simply a general observation.  I generally avoid getting into back and forth disputes with other commenters.  I make my point and move on. My comment history speaks for itself.

by gulfgal98 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 07:21:32 AM PDT

•  I get that. I'm just pointing out that while (0+ / 0-)

we all know it happens, and some are so transparent that everyone suspects the same thing, it's frustrating that there's so very little it's possible to do about it.

by JesseCW on Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 02:37:04 PM PDT