View Diary: Justice for Trayvon: Verdict is In! Not Guilty. Devastated! (470 comments)

•  If they accepted that he stone cold lied, about (10+ / 0-)

almost everything, then they could have proven it beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Southern nights have you ever felt a southern night?" Allen Toussaint ~~Remember the Gulf of Mexico~~

by rubyr on Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 07:52:59 PM PDT

•  Wrong (1+ / 0-)
      Victor Ward

He didn't testify, so his truthfulness is pretty close to irrelevant.

"Unrestricted immigration is a dangerous thing -- look at what happened to the Iroquois." Garrison Keillor

by Spider Stumbled on Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 09:09:20 PM PDT

•  You don't know what you're talking about. (2+ / 0-)
        mconvente, mapamp

So if I were you, I'd shut up now.  The veracity of the defendant is always relevant.

by FogCityJohn on Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 09:55:09 PM PDT

•  Not unless he testifies (0+ / 0-)

He wasn't on trial for a lack of "veracity".  He was on trial for his actions that night, and it was up to the state to prove what happened that night.

So actually if you were me, you wouldn't be this stupid.

by Spider Stumbled on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 10:33:28 AM PDT

•  Are you a lawyer? (0+ / 0-)

I've been one for the past 27 years.

by FogCityJohn on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 10:38:30 AM PDT

•  Let me guess (0+ / 0-)

you're a real estate attorney?  Divorce and Family?  Mergers and acquisitions?  Because if you were a criminal defense lawyer, or a prosecutor, you would have said so.  So don't act like having a JD makes you an expert on murder trials.

by Spider Stumbled on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 12:09:15 PM PDT

•  In other words, you're not. (0+ / 0-)

And no, I'm not a real estate, family, or corporate lawyer.  I do appeals, including criminal appeals.

You're not a lawyer, so don't act like your utter ignorance of the law makes you an expert on murder trials.

by FogCityJohn on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 02:12:35 PM PDT

•  Assuming facts not in evidence, counselor (0+ / 0-)

And your original point is dead wrong.  Even if he lied in the interview with Sean Hannity, the state still had to prove that he was guilty.

by Spider Stumbled on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 03:12:39 PM PDT

•  Isn't it funny . . . (0+ / 0-)

how you can't seem to provide a straight answer to my question?  You're either a lawyer or you're not.  But hey, I'm used to being lectured on the law here by people who haven't so much as cracked a casebook.  So forgive me if I conclude that this conversation is a waste of my fucking time.

by FogCityJohn on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 03:30:34 PM PDT

•  Isn't funny that I didn't know this (0+ / 0-)

was a job interview?  My resume is none of your fucking business.  If you really are a lawyer, you're not a very good one.  Maybe law school was the real waste of your fucking time.

by Spider Stumbled on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 05:02:13 PM PDT