View Diary: Did Snowden Break Any Laws? An Analysis w/Poll (95 comments)

•  You are correct.... (4+ / 0-)

Snowden is definitely chargeable...and I'm not sure a defense of "but I did it for the public good" is going to carry a lot of weight when he could have exposed the problem without the taking of information that even his PR agent says should have us "on our knees".

Wonders are many, but none so wonderful as man.

by Morgan Sandlin on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 01:52:04 PM PDT

•  you with the government? (2+ / 0-)
      CroneWit, aliasalias

just curious.

also, see Crone Wit's comment & links below

If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution. ~ Emma Goldman

by Lady Libertine on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 01:55:58 PM PDT

•  No, and don't even attempt to get me (1+ / 0-)
        Argyrios

involved with the bizarre conspiracy theories going on around here.

Wonders are many, but none so wonderful as man.

by Morgan Sandlin on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 03:43:30 PM PDT

•  not at all (0+ / 0-)

just a reference to your use of "us" there.

What Greenwald actually said:

3) I was asked whether I thought the US government would take physical action against him if he tried to go to Latin America or even force his plane down. That's when I said that doing so would be completely counter-productive given that - as has been reported before - such an attack could easily result in far more disclosures than allowing us as journalists to vet and responsibly report them, as we've doing. As a result of the documents he has, I said in the interview,the US government should be praying for his safety, not threatening or harming it.

If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution. ~ Emma Goldman

by Lady Libertine on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 04:13:31 PM PDT

•  "For the public good" may still work (1+ / 0-)
      Morgan Sandlin

At least in minimizing the punishment. Granted it would have worked much more effectively had he made more judicious choices in selecting his data and his approach to disseminating it.

“Texas is a so-called red state, but you’ve got 10 million Democrats here in Texas. And …, there are a whole lot of people here in Texas who need us, and who need us to fight for them.” President Obama

by Catte Nappe on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 02:30:17 PM PDT

•  I agree that it may work on the minimizing of (2+ / 0-)
        Catte Nappe, FiredUpInCA

punishment (may being the operative word there) but it certainly won't, in my opinion, effect the charging decision.

I don't know if Snowden is entirely responsible for the path he's taken (though as an adult of course he ultimately is) or if he has been receiving heavy influence from advisors who have used them for their own purposes, but I do agree, there were better choices to be made.

Wonders are many, but none so wonderful as man.

by Morgan Sandlin on Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 03:49:10 PM PDT