View Diary: Abbreviated pundit round-up: George Zimmerman acquittal, Republicans play their own hunger games (76 comments)

•  Poll on how soon Zimmerman pulls his gun on (12+ / 0-)

something haunting him in the shadows of his mind. I'm betting sooner, rather than later.

•  It's doubtlessly worth a lot of money (5+ / 0-)

on eBay.

•  I am betting, after the beating his male ego (21+ / 0-)

took with all those manly men testifying what a schmuck he is and how soft he is, it will not be long before his wife or GF suffers a beatdown as he reasserts his manhood.

Just mention this as my daughter took a "girls' night out' this weekend with some friends and they all left their husbands on babysitting duty for them to go to a concert.

One was not truthful to her husband and told him it was a Christian music concert instead of a C&W concert.   He found out, threw out the supper she had left cooking in the crockpot, cut doughnuts all through the yard which she had just sodded and then drove 3 hours to demand she return home.  When he showed up, he told her to return with him or to not come home.  When the other women stood up to him, he told them to take care of their own men.  He took her home and forced her to then cook him supper at 3AM from scratch.

She claims he is not abusive and does not hit her but she cannot leave him because he will take the kids away from her.
      The next day, the minister, whom the guy called before church, gave a sermon about wives' being submissive and the evils of modern music.

I think GZ and this guy may be twins separated at birth

•  Hmmmm.... (12+ / 0-)
        She claims he is not abusive and does not hit her....
        There are many types of abuse.
        Hitting is just one of them.
        What this guy did is abusive, even more insidious, because it doesn't leave any outward marks.  It's only a matter of time before it escalates to something more physical.
        And the sermon....just a long enabling statement from the minister.
        Phew, how awful for the young woman.
        Hopefully, this young woman is able to get away from that jackass.  And get custody of the kids, who really, really don't need to be raised around that kind of person.

I think, therefore I am........................... Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose....AKA Engine Nighthawk - don't even ask!

by Lilyvt on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 05:29:31 AM PDT

•  my daughter finally escaped a 10 year (6+ / 0-)

abusive relationship which left her blind in one eye from one particularly vicious beating.  She advised the woman to leave.  She is a good mother and he cannot just "take" her kids. (daughter's ex had her convinced of the same thing though he was in prison for dealing at the time)
          Also they have a 1999 doublewide with $70K still owing on it.  I told my daughter she should just walk away since only his name is on the deed.  Why should she work to pay a mortgage which is only in his name?

•  Be careful what you counsel. (1+ / 0-)
            VPofKarma

If her name is on the mortgage she will be liable for the mortgage regardless of whether her name is on the deed.  Whether she has any interest in ownership of the property at all, if her name is on the mortgage, it's her debt as much as her husband's.  Think of the liability of a co-signer - no interest in ownership, but still liable for the debt.

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." - H. L. Mencken

by SueDe on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 05:43:11 AM PDT

•  .... (3+ / 0-)
              Old Sailor, VPofKarma, SueDe
              Why should she work to pay a mortgage which is only in his name?
              Mortgage only in his name.

by Lilyvt on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 06:22:32 AM PDT

•  lots of this sort of guy goes into a marriage (2+ / 0-)
                VPofKarma, SueDe

thinking about exit strategies from Day One and so make sure the majority of debt belongs to wife while majority of property is in his name or even a pre-nup to handle a future break-up

•  Lovely.... (0+ / 0-)
                  lots of this sort of guy goes into a marriage thinking about exit strategies from Day One....
                  Whatta guy!
                  Not.

by Lilyvt on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 07:12:08 AM PDT

•  trust me; i have listened to them brag for years (0+ / 0-)

from millionaires to zero-aires, they all scheme to make sure not only is there no marital property but that they also have an exist strategy that included no child support

•  Depending on the bank, (0+ / 0-)

they may come after her anyway if he defaults.  Whether they do will depend on the institution and the terms of the couple's divorce.

by SueDe on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 05:36:59 PM PDT

•  Depends on the state where they live, and (1+ / 0-)
            VPofKarma

the length of time they were married. Not necessarily if her name is on the deed.

If I had one wish, Republican men would have uteruses.

by Desert Rose on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 05:47:23 AM PDT

•  Guys like that (5+ / 0-)

and the churches that empower them should be fed to the lions. Utterly disgusting. I am so sick of self-righteous Christians and their stupid, stupid beliefs I no longer take them seriously, except as a threat to society.

Republicans want smaller gov't for the same reason crooks want fewer cops. - James Carville

by wyckoff on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 07:13:10 AM PDT