View Diary: Have you been following Wikileaks ? (13 comments)

•  No, I don't go there because I'll be tracked (7+ / 0-)

since it is on Obama's enemies list.

Oh, that's right we're ALL on the list.

Well, humor aside.  No, I forgot about that site.

But that's interesting that MasterCard has broken ranks and now accepts charges.  Hmmm?

Separation of Church and State AND Corporation

by Einsteinia on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 11:54:46 AM PDT

•  They're feeling threatened. (4+ / 0-)
      corvo, david78209, Einsteinia, CroneWit

Did you see where M-PESA now has integration with Bitcoin?

M-PESA handles the transfer of 31% of the GDP of Nigeria.  That's just one country - it's everywhere over there.  And now there's a phone app called Kipochi that integrates it and Bitcoin.

You can send Bitcoin to an M-PESA user  anywhere in Africa, and it's money.

No transfer fees, no currency conversion fees.

I'm lovin' it.  Those credit card companies are going to hurt bad...

It ain't called paranoia - when they're really out to get you. 6 points.

by Jaime Frontero on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 12:32:51 PM PDT

•  What is M-PESA? (2+ / 0-)
        CroneWit, david78209

and how interesting.  I think Bitcoin might take off because it is a way for huge multinationals to launder money and avoid taxes.  That's what concerns me.   Perhaps we'll have to go to a "reverse sales tax" where the businesses who want to work here must part a percentage that cannot be collected from the consumer with the product.  Just an idea.

Separation of Church and State AND Corporation

by Einsteinia on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 01:15:11 PM PDT

•  No. The multis won't be doing that... (2+ / 0-)
          Einsteinia, david78209

For illegal stuff, there's no substitute for the good ol' US dollar.  There's an awful lot more of it, it's accepted more places (although bitcoin is gaining ground, there), and it's really more anonymous than bitcoin.

So no.

There's a lot of bank trolls on the bitcoin blogs that try to spread that stuff.  Don't buy it.

You're shocked, I'm sure.  The idea of folks trolling for organizations inimical to the blog they're on is a strange concept, I'll grant you.  But it does happen.

It ain't called paranoia - when they're really out to get you. 6 points.

by Jaime Frontero on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 02:02:16 PM PDT

•  Oh - M-PESA? Nobody's ever diaried it? (2+ / 0-)
          Einsteinia, david78209

M-PESA is a monetary system in Africa that's based on phone minutes, and is exchanged by text message.  So, so many phone minutes can be used to buy whatever you like wherever they take it.  Which is pretty much everywhere.

I'm honestly surprised anyone here would ask.

It's huge - really huge.

It ain't called paranoia - when they're really out to get you. 6 points.

by Jaime Frontero on Mon Jul 15, 2013 at 02:06:17 PM PDT

•  I feel enlightened. Thank you! (2+ / 0-)
            Jaime Frontero, david78209

I want to be in the know. ; )

In my community, I see an underground economy emerging with the bartering networks.  Sounds like it serves the same purpose:  no works, and so you do what you can with what you can. Very enterprising.

Separation of Church and State AND Corporation