View Diary: Greenwald “Blasts Media, MSNBC Over Edward Snowden Stories” (w/fmr. Sen. Humphrey's Update) (582 comments)

•  Humphrey? (9+ / 0-)

I'm not so sure I would be touting the support of a pro life zealot, and the sponsor of one of the original House bills against gender selection in abortion. Humphrey, who tried to amend the tax code to restrict the tax exempt status of Planned Parenthood and other pro choice organizations.

I've seen some hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're about twenty minutes

by harrylimelives on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 11:39:27 AM PDT

•  Yeah, Humphrey. (5+ / 0-)

The point being, as you well know, even a pro life zealot and gender bigot recognizes the core assault on our Constitution, which is this nation's devolvement into a massive surveillance state.

Too bad so many self-proclaimed progressives can muster no more than a yawn over this. (Truth is, that yawn masks the desperation they're feeling about their inability to protect the legacy of President Constitutional Scholar.)

Take note: If you and I are engaged in a heated exchange, disabuse yourself of the notion that I'm trying (futilely) to win you over. My goal is to persuade the hundreds of non-commenting observers who've yet to make up their minds.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:06:39 PM PDT

•  Or rather (7+ / 0-)

Single issue activists have no problem undermining women's rights by legitimizing bigots and hopping into bed with the lunatic fringe, just so long as it serves their purpose.

I wonder who's going overboard next?

I've seen some hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're about twenty minutes

by harrylimelives on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:14:09 PM PDT

•  The only thing being legitimized in the (2+ / 0-)
          greenbell, 3goldens

reporting of Humphrey's view on Snowden's actions is Humphrey's view on Snowden's actions. Nothing else. Hopping into bed with the lunatic fringe? Stuff it.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:23:13 PM PDT

•  Let me know how that works out for you (2+ / 0-)
            duhban, Reggid

I've seen some hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're about twenty minutes

by harrylimelives on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:25:04 PM PDT

•  You mean, let you know how hopping into (4+ / 0-)
              greenbell, WheninRome, DeadHead, 3goldens

bed with the lunatic fringe works out? How the fuck would I know? No one is doing that outside of your fevered imagination.

But, as long as you and I are having a dialog here, how do you feel about...

The NSA employing hundreds of thousands of private sector contractors and giving them Top Secret access to all of our digital data?

The FISC issuing secret surveillance rulings based upon secret interpretations of the law?

The Total Information Awareness program having been once rejected by Congress, implemented under different names and speeding forward on steroids?

And, if you think one or more of these things is a bad thing, how the fuck do you think this national dialog would have commenced without Snowden's actions?

If you DON'T think we need be concerned about any of the above, feel free not to respond further - I've got nothing to say to anyone so willfully ignorant about how an oppressive security state negatively impacts all the issues you claim to care about.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:59:54 PM PDT

•  And yet (2+ / 0-)
                jiffypop, Reggid

Here you are, loudly championing the views of a misogynist who happens to agree with you. You've made your priorities perfectly clear, I'm afraid, so please enjoy all the credibility a man like Humphrey's stature affords you, the hypocrisy suits you very well.

I've seen some hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're about twenty minutes

by harrylimelives on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 02:11:04 PM PDT

•  The "view". (3+ / 0-)
                  4kedtongue, DeadHead, 3goldens

Not the views. The specific view he expressed re Snowden's service to the nation in exposing the activities of the national security state. By the way, how DO you feel about the surveillance activties Snowden has confirmed through the release of those documents?

Don't bother. Clearly you don't give a fuck.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 02:21:37 PM PDT

•  Thanks for speaking for me though (1+ / 0-)
                    Reggid

I'm sure Randall Terry likes Pizza Hut and a good football game too, but the likelihood of me touting his support for anything is pretty close to nil.  You lay down with dogs, you get fleas.

You're aligned with Humphrey now, and all of his associations, for short term gain. And for all your talk of the Fourth amendment, you have absolutely no compunction about joining forces with folks who want to dismantle the First amendment and it's protection of privacy in regards to Roe Vs. Wade.

So yeah, let me know how that works out for you.

I've seen some hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're about twenty minutes

by harrylimelives on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 02:33:47 PM PDT

•  I don't recall that I've ever requested (2+ / 1-)
                      greenbell, 3goldens
                      Hidden by:
                      harrylimelives

this community to hide rate me, but I gladly do so now, just so I can tell you this straight up:

You, sir, are a stone cold idiot.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 02:36:19 PM PDT

•  You can't defend your position (0+ / 0-)

So, you resort to name calling. And you expect anyone to take your issue seriously?

I've seen some hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're about twenty minutes

by harrylimelives on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 02:44:16 PM PDT

•  ... (0+ / 0-)
                          Yeah, with that one absurd declaration you've revealed yourself to be a total idiot (which perhaps explains why you didn't realize you're breaking the pastry rule).

Enough. I've got no more time for you and your myopic acquiescence to creeping totalitarianism. I'm sure the women in your life will cheer your tireless defense of their rights as women, even as their rights as citizens swirl down the shitter under your blind gaze.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 02:55:41 PM PDT

•  too late (1+ / 0-)
          Reggid

remember most of the people here cheering that guy on where cheering Rand Paul on first

In the time that I have been given,
          I am what I am
          Shop Kos Katalogue or the Parrot gets it

by duhban on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:31:31 PM PDT

•  But we're not supposed to... (4+ / 0-)
      TheLizardKing, duhban, jiffypop, Reggid

make this about personalities.  So the fact that Humphreys endorsed Rick Perry and supported anti-choice terrorist Randall Terry is also  irrelevant.  He's obviously acting on principle and not politics.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

by RickinStLouis on Tue Jul 16, 2013 at 01:06:54 PM PDT