View Diary: Ex-NSA Chief Michael Hayden is SO mad at Snowden... (167 comments)

•  the devil offers things. (5+ / 0-)

If you accept the offer you get they thing under the conditions set.  You can refuse.  If everyone refuses, then the devil tries a better offer.

This is the way of the world.

•  Similarly the "fine print" on financial products (19+ / 0-)

have been deemed illegal for deception.

You can't have "fine print" on food that it contains plutonium and let the unsuspecting public eat it.

We in fact do NOT live in a Caveat Emptor world.

So, I don't buy this rationalization for "fine print" no one read that can overcome our Constitutional rights.

Separation of Church and State AND Corporation

by Einsteinia on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 10:20:45 AM PDT

•  and all those things you mention (1+ / 0-)
        splashy

came about because Congress passed laws (most of them within the last 100 years or so) mandating that.

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
        Shop Kos Katalogue
        Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 04:27:54 PM PDT

•  Under business law you do not have to (3+ / 0-)
          Dumbo, CroneWit, TheMomCat

have an explicit law as to the internet, because there is overwhelming case law proving time and time again that products must meet a standard of reasonable expectations.

And if that weren't enough, we do still have the 4th Amendment despite what people around here are trying to assert otherwise.

There are dozens of lawsuits underway now, thanks to Edward Snowden's evidence, that will affirm the over-reach in light the 4th Amendment.

Separation of Church and State AND Corporation

by Einsteinia on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:00:23 PM PDT

•  and despite your beliefs there (0+ / 0-)

the SCOTUS has disagreed with you at least on the 4th

But that's not my point my point is that while all those things you mention are good and needful they were not inherent rights. They took acts of Congress for them to happen and frankly that's almost certainly what has to happen here.

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
            Shop Kos Katalogue
            Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:07:31 PM PDT

•  And you will continue to do your (6+ / 0-)

goddamnedest to stifle the very citizen outrage that is the only hope for bringing pressure to bear on the Congress. You couldn't be more transparent.

If I give two shits about any given issue, will I have shits remaining to contribute elsewhere? Are shits like donuts? Is there a daily limit?

by WisePiper on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:15:11 PM PDT

•  nah I just don't care much (0+ / 0-)

for what I see as puffed up outrage over things that have been happening for years if not decades and further I want to have something be actually done much like how using the example above we got the Food and Drug Safety because of outrage over false and misleading labeling.

I want action not more of the pointlessness that leads to nowhere.

But please keep thinking you know me, it's amusing

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
                Shop Kos Katalogue
                Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:40:00 PM PDT

•  So you don't care about 'puffed up outrage'... (4+ / 0-)
                  Einsteinia, WisePiper, TheMomCat, DeadHead

yet you cite outrage over false and misleading labeling as the reason for 'Food and Drug Safety'.

'Outrage' is pointless or useful? Which is it?

'If you want to be a hero, well just follow me.' - J. Lennon

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:53:35 PM PDT

•  the comment is crystal clear (0+ / 0-)

and if you had any actual good faith you would not be trying to bait me

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
                    Shop Kos Katalogue
                    Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 06:07:49 PM PDT

•  Your comment is anything but clear. (5+ / 0-)

In fact, it's self-contradictory.

nah I just don't care much (0+ / 0-)

I want action not more of the pointlessness that leads to nowhere.

But please keep thinking you know me, it's amusing

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
                      Shop Kos Katalogue
                      Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:40:00 PM PDT

Why don't you tell us all what you think? Is outrage pointless or useful?

'If you want to be a hero, well just follow me.' - J. Lennon

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 06:28:02 PM PDT

•  why should I believe you? (0+ / 0-)

you follow me around insulting me, lying about me, posting dumb ass childish pictures and gifs and now I am supposed to take you in good faith?

You must either think me incredibly stupid or incredibly naive to think I'd play your game.

Go away

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
                        Shop Kos Katalogue
                        Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 06:38:11 PM PDT

•  There is nothing for you to believe. (3+ / 0-)
                          WisePiper, TheMomCat, DeadHead

Outrage is either pointless or it's useful. Your comment up there is contradictory on that point, and I was trying to get clarification.

Why is it you never provide a clear answer to your position on any subject (even one as banal as the current one), or provide supporting evidence for your often sweeping statements?

Outrage is either useful or pointless. Which is it?

'If you want to be a hero, well just follow me.' - J. Lennon

by Clive all hat no horse Rodeo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 06:51:59 PM PDT

•  why is it you seem to think I should trust you? (0+ / 0-)

You poisoned the well a long time ago Clive and now (to mix metaphors) your chickens have come home to roost.

I do not trust you

I do not believe you

I do not think you operate in good faith

I think your 'questions' and 'concerns' are poison and an attempt to bait me

And enough going in circles I've made my point if you can't comprehend it that's on you.

I am walking away so go ahead take last word or post a stupid and infantile picture or whatever it is you choose to do. To quote a movie, frankly my dear I don't give a damn,

In the time that I have been given, I am what I am
                            Shop Kos Katalogue
                            Der Weg ist das Ziel

by duhban on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 07:11:16 PM PDT

•  I never asked you to trust me. I asked you... (3+ / 0-)
                            WisePiper, TheMomCat, DeadHead

to provide solid sources for your sweeping statements. If you don't do this why should anybody trust you?

I don't take anything posted here or anywhere else on face value. I like to look at the sources for people's statements.

So I ask again, why should anybody take your statements on face value and treat them as facts, if you never back them up with a source?

And thanks for letting this be the last word. I don't expect a reply.

'If you want to be a hero, well just follow me.' - J. Lennon