View Diary: "Trusted" User question (91 comments)

•  I deserve that, considering how I (5+ / 0-)

have sneered the same thing at others for posting trivia.

What has happened with Lawrence Lewis?  Did I miss something?

don't always believe what you think

by claude on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 05:31:27 PM PDT

•  Did you see Kos' reply to Patriot Daily? (10+ / 0-)

Environmental writing inevitably gets the worst FP time slots because Kos thinks it isn't "breaking news".

LL has been buried on the FP in all the worst time slots.

look for my eSci diary series Thursday evening.

by FishOutofWater on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 06:50:47 PM PDT

•  linky, plse. missed that. (4+ / 0-)
        quill, myboo, gooderservice, native

OK wait I can figure that out on my own, eh?

I'll come back if I can't find it.

OK, I read it.

OK I get this.  Kos has a certain need to be immediate and timely,  so he programs Barb to push breaking news. I don't have a problem with that,  as long as a FP "Breaking" story isn't something I've already read in recent diaries or the Rec list.

I am here so goddam much that I have at least noticed, if not read and commented in, most of the FP stories before they show up on the FP because of the diary queue protocol that got adopted. where everything goes into the diary queue, FPer or not.  That's why we see FP stories also occupying the top of the Rec list on occaison.

don't always believe what you think

by claude on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 07:18:59 PM PDT

•  shh... yeah, right. (8+ / 0-)

"kos has a certain need to be immediate and timely," so the FP is cluttered with two- and three-day-old rescued diaries, and the latest Thing Some Stupid Republican (often with no elected office or real power) Said.

kos's reply to Patriot Daily . . . cannot be taken with less than a forklift's worth of grains of salt.

But you probably knew that already. :-)

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 07:26:37 PM PDT

•  we are mere groundlings, which is at least better (8+ / 0-)

than mushrooms.

The meta in this diary is getting deep enough for pitchforks.

I guarantee you that, if civilization still exists, within the lifetime of those present, a Ph.D. will be earned for the definitive study of an obscure early-century internet political  blip on the screen of history...

and this comment thread will be cited in an evidential index.

don't always believe what you think

by claude on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 07:40:15 PM PDT

•  no doubt that PhD dissertation (1+ / 0-)
              claude

is possible now

"The will must be stronger than the skill." M. Ali

by awhitestl on Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 08:02:04 PM PDT

•  I should hope so (3+ / 0-)
                crose, cynndara, native

or else there is no hope for the future of intelligent life.

In fact, I'm not at all sure, based on the current data, that "intelligence" is actually a benefit to the basic mission of preserving life on this planet.  That experiment isn't yet concluded.

don't always believe what you think