View Diary: Sherrod Brown will succeed where Hillary Clinton fails (72 comments)

•  I was adamantly opposed to Hillary in 2008, but (3+ / 0-)
    4mygirls, Sue B, unfangus

have warmed to her since then. That said, she is still a very polarizing figure. My sister almost foams at the mouth at the mention of her name, and I know many others who just don't like her. I know if she gets the nomination the Republicans will pull out all the stops to defeat her. I think we have other good candidates who wouldn't inspire such venom.

I've liked what I've seen of Brown and would love to see him pitch his hat in the ring. Is he willing to do that?

“The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people drudge along paying heavy taxes for which they get nothing in return.” - Gore Vidal

by Hanging Up My Tusks on Sun Jul 21, 2013 at 08:44:35 PM PDT

•  For the sake of the general populace (1+ / 0-)
      Hanging Up My Tusks

Let's hope so!

Sherrod Brown 2016

by Stormin on Sun Jul 21, 2013 at 09:39:11 PM PDT

•  The venom Republicans spew is directly (3+ / 0-)

proportional to Hillary's chances of winning.  They went totally crazy against President Obama and he won twice.  Continuing the march to crazy town by the GOP may even give Hillary some additional coattails.

Given the success women had in getting elected to the Senate in 2012, I think voters are coming around to the idea that it's time for a woman President and no one, man or woman,  has anywhere close to the preparation and experience that Hillary has.

“The future depends entirely on what each of us does every day.” Gloria Steinem

by ahumbleopinion on Sun Jul 21, 2013 at 10:01:08 PM PDT

•  I was ready for a female president in 2008 - just (0+ / 0-)

didn't want it to be Hillary. I'd vote for her today. As I said, I've warmed to her. Should she decide to run, I hope others have a more positive view of her than in the past.

Despite being attacked by the crazeees, I don't think Obama inspires the hatred that Hillary does. I think the crazeees hate Obama because he's a Democrat, not because they personally dislike him. Hillary? Not so much.

by Hanging Up My Tusks on Mon Jul 22, 2013 at 01:55:45 PM PDT

•  I used to think she was polarizing (3+ / 0-)

But can't remember why now.  As a Senator and as a Secretary of State she got along well in both parties and was the opposite of a polarizing figure.  It seems it's less that she's polarizing and more that the Republicans just wanted to create some conflict there that doesn't exist any longer, if it ever did.

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre.

by Sky Net on Sun Jul 21, 2013 at 11:48:52 PM PDT

•  I sure hope you're right, Sky Net. (1+ / 0-)
        Sky Net

My opinion of Hillary ascended during the general election of 2008. I thought she and Bill were gracious in defeat and they both delivered at the convention (Bill's speech was the best convention speech I heard). And Hillary did a good job as SoS, so maybe anti-Hillary sentiments have mellowed.

by Hanging Up My Tusks on Mon Jul 22, 2013 at 02:01:18 PM PDT