View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 7/26 (309 comments)

•  Unless this was sent by her state staff or state (5+ / 0-)

email address, it isn't illegal at all. Or even unethical. It's a non-issue except for the fact some Republicans got it.

Now, if she sent it from an official email address that's not the case. Do we know that detail?

23 Burkean Post Modern Gay Democrat; NM-2 (Raised), TX-20 (B.A. & M.A. in Political Science), TX-17 (Home); 08/12 PVIs

by wwmiv on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:17:23 AM PDT

•  That much isn't clear. (1+ / 0-)
      MichaelNY

Honestly, it sounds like her campaign merely took every email address in her account and added it ot the list in some way, not being careful enough to check that addresses with ky.gov were on it.

"I can talk anyone into anything except women into sex." -- Larry David, and what I think of when I try to convince people to expand the map.

by bjssp on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:31:04 AM PDT

•  If that's the case (1+ / 0-)
        MichaelNY

Then it's fine legally and ethically, just a little bit sticky politically.

by wwmiv on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:39:29 AM PDT

•  But that's why I think it was a mistake. (0+ / 0-)

There's little to be gained by doing it, but a whole lot more to lose, especially if McConnell blows this up into something far worse than it actually is.

by bjssp on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:42:20 AM PDT

•  No (5+ / 0-)

This is a boring internal issue. Can McConnell really make this into a potent attack?

"ALG sent fundraising emails to Republicans! She's removing our liberty to not get email we don't want! Bad junk mail candidate!"...

Not really.

by wwmiv on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:48:05 AM PDT

•  No, but if she (0+ / 0-)

used her government email account, which to be fair could easily NOT be the case, it just looks bad. It's at best an unnecessary distraction and at worst a claim she's using taxpayer time and money for her campaign. It's a weak charge,  assuming it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it hurt her.

by bjssp on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:54:56 AM PDT

•  Exactly (4+ / 0-)

This whole thing is super lame from the looks of it. And if somehow it merited a response, ALG just says, "I'm trying to reach out to all Kentuckians - Democrats, independents, and Republicans!"

Get the Daily Kos Elections Digest in your inbox every weekday. Sign up here.

by David Nir on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 11:44:03 AM PDT