View Diary: Notorious sexist with notoriously bad judgment is reportedly top candidate for Fed chair (204 comments)

•  President Obama is quickly becoming (12+ / 0-)

a terrible president.  I voted for him in 2008.  I began regretting that decision within the first 3 years.  He has been wrong on so many issues it is crazy.  And it isn't because he isn't liberal enough.  It is because he is simply the same establishment President that we have had and will continue to have in this country, time and time again.

•  Interesting first comment ever n/t (1+ / 0-)
      Words In Action

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Tue Jul 23, 2013 at 03:56:04 PM PDT

•  Interesting insinuation. (9+ / 0-)

Are you suggesting new kossacks have to spend x amount of time here before they're allowed to state the obvious.

Refusing to resist = choosing to collaborate. Please give two shits.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 23, 2013 at 04:25:47 PM PDT

•  Interesting question. (3+ / 0-)
          Tool, WisePiper, greenearth

I don't have a program and can't keep track of the players.

That being the case I hesitate to answer without additional information. I wouldn't want to needlessly offend anyone. Are you on the best president ever team or one of the liberal progressive purity extremists?

Perhaps we could arrange to color code our posts.

Now I know it isn't fair to ask you such a question without introducing myself first. You may have seen me around here for the last several years but you may have lost your program as well and question my intentions and the spiritual state of my soul.

Hi. I'm Bob. I joined early in the 2008 primary season to support Obama. I contributed more than I could afford, I made phone calls, and I talked to anyone who would listen.

I voted for Obama.

In 2012 I was a bit discouraged. I made no financial contributions. I did register voters and did some phone banking.

I voted for Obama but was openly wishing for an alternative during the primary season.

When our Democratic President turned Social Security into a bargaining chip after the election, I was very unhappy. When he put Social Security on the table a second time, I changed my voter registration to independent.

He has now put Social Security on the table for the third time.

But I'm weak and a creature of habit. When dealing with an Obama hater, I find myself reflexively defending the man. We have seen more than one such new participant here.

Woe is me.

In simple language, I would like to be from the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party but I no longer feel comfortable or welcome in the Party. The Democratic Party has moved too far to my right.

So there you have it. Now can I ask which team you're on without offending?

/semi snark but with complete honesty and sincerity.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Tue Jul 23, 2013 at 07:57:20 PM PDT

•  Thank you for the "getting to know me" post. (2+ / 0-)
            Just Bob, greenearth

Sincerely.

While I don't have the time right now to respond in kind, I will say my own experience of (and work on behalf of) Obama is pretty close to your own.

My issue, and hence my comment, were what I perceived to be your unnecessarily harsh reply to the newb. I do not see "hatred" in the observation that "[H]e is simply the same establishment President that we have had and will continue to have in this country, time and time again." It rather struck me as sad resignation that the more things change, the more they remain the same.

YMMV.

Refusing to resist = choosing to collaborate. Please give two shits.

by WisePiper on Tue Jul 23, 2013 at 09:01:35 PM PDT

•  I'm puzzled... (2+ / 0-)
      Just Bob, greenearth

...do you honestly believe that someone can "quickly" become a terrible president?

Or do we just "quickly" recognize things post-election that we don't see or look for during the campaigns???

Just a thought/question to ponder.  I don't know the answer, myself.

Welcome from the DK Partners & Mentors Team. If you have any questions about how to participate here, you can learn more at the Knowledge Base or from the New Diarists Resources Diaries. (Click on orange text to go to linked content.) Diaries labeled "Open Thread" are also great places to ask. We look forward to your contributions.

Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds. --Elie Wiesel

by a gilas girl on Tue Jul 23, 2013 at 05:21:17 PM PDT

•  He didn't have much experience (2+ / 0-)
        greenearth, PJEvans

So we were buying the Hope and Change words in pretty packaging.

Many of us didn't want Hillary because she had enough experience for us to know that's what we didn't want.

BUT Congress is the place where principles go to die so I sure don't have a solution to the problem of finding good candidates.   Maybe we need to work on electing governors so we can avoid the Congressional cesspool.

•  Experience is not necessary for a President (0+ / 0-)

Some of our best Presidents in history had absolutely NO or exceptionally little experience in politics before getting elected to the Presidency.

•  Actually, I didn't vote for Hillary because I (0+ / 0-)

thought she would lose, as her husband's scandal and all the scandals supposedly she had (Vince Foster, Travelgate, her trades with the Chicago mercantile exchange, Rose law firm overbilling, Whitewater -- all of which of course were entirely untrue) would serve as red meat to rouse the rabid nascent "Tea Party" base of the Repugnantcons.

Plus her last name is "Clinton," which'll get 'em aroused anyway.

Then add that RW talk radio and Fixed Noise kept talking her up and disparaging Obama, so it looked like something was up to get her the nomination, figured that all of the above would make it easy to defeat her come November 2008.

Then the financial collapse really bit hard, and McCain picked Sarah Palin to be his running mate....

Could've nominated a pet rock and the Dems would've won.

Is it courageous to propose tax cuts but not identify a single tax expenditure to rein in? Is it courageous to target your deepest cuts on the poorest Americans, who vote in lower numbers and provide little in campaign contributions?

by caul on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 11:09:39 PM PDT

•  I'm not regretting it (0+ / 0-)

Compared to where the Republicans would have us by now. Yes, he isn't a sterling President and I knew that he was not going to be one.

However, he's a hell of a lot better than the other choices (rejects) that were put on show by the Libertarians, Republicans, etc.