View Diary: Going To Bed With Libertarians (58 comments)

•  You lie down with teabagger dogs (2+ / 0-)
    gramofsam1, Mark Lippman

and you get teabagger fleas.

I am absolutely astounded to see so many on the left holding up right-wing ideologues as supposed heroes and spitting bile and venom at the Administration and anyone defending the administration.

Really.

I'm supposed to believe that a right-wing congressman who doesn't care if elementary school children are mowed down with an assault rifle, doesn't care if it's 140 degrees in Canada next April, and wants corporations to own the bottom 98% in this country actually gives half a fuck about my privacy and civil rights concerns

WHILE

simultaneously believing that President Obama has malicious intent and wants to know if I'm having phone sex or buying Guy Fawkes masks.

I haven't commented on these NSA threads and I know I'm either in the minority or an extremely silent majority, but I am not about to believe that Rand Paul is acting in my best interests or any of the other hyper-paranoid stuff I've been reading on DK about this issue.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 04:25:03 PM PDT

•  Ah a video game fan. (6+ / 0-)

There can only be heroes and villains. Nothing in between is allowed.

•  No kidding (1+ / 1-)
        gramofsam1
        Hidden by:
        DeadHead

The other NSA threads are littered with comments from emoprogs calling the "Nay" democrats assholes and scumbags, calling Kossacks who aren't as worked up as them about this morons and assholes, referring to Obama as a tyrant, and threatening to leave the democratic party.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 05:37:10 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry that this one isn't (4+ / 0-)

meeting your entertainment requirements.

•  "emoprogs"? That's name-calling and (1+ / 0-)
          DeadHead

absolutely uncalled for.

by YucatanMan on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:09:06 PM PDT

•  It's pretty clear in my comment (0+ / 0-)

that "emoprog" refers to the people throwing around derogatory terms at democrats.

But point taken.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:12:00 PM PDT

•  And that makes it ok? (1+ / 0-)
              YucatanMan

What a joke.

by DeadHead on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:37:30 PM PDT

•  Hypocrisy, documented here. (2+ / 0-)
                DeadHead, Silvia Nightshade

"emoprogs" refers to those DailyKOS members who he disagrees with and is perfectly OK,

but,

"scumbags" is an HR-able offense -- per the "emoprogs" insult user -- when other users describe Democrats who betray the Bill of Rights and Democratic Party principles as "scumbags."

One thing about DailyKOS:  always an amazing parade of human behavior.

by YucatanMan on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 09:15:46 PM PDT

•  You just got done HRing someone (1+ / 0-)
          Silvia Nightshade

for saying elected "Democrats are scumbags," and now you insult actual Kossacks in other threads by using the "emoprog" perjorative.

Credibility destroyed, and.... HR'd

by DeadHead on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:36:32 PM PDT

•  Speaking of credibility destroyed (0+ / 0-)

the guy lecturing me on HRs is clearly throwing a retaliatory HR at someone he is in an active disagreement with.

Anyway, I'm not at all surprised that expressing non-concern bordering on dissent in a couple of these anti-NSA threads wasn't received well, considering the quality of the comments in these threads even when the only commenters are anti-NSAers.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:55:38 PM PDT

•  Um, no. (1+ / 0-)
              Silvia Nightshade

The HR isn't retaliatory. You didn't HR me. No retaliation.

I'm not in an "active disagreement with you." And certainly not in this thread.

Brush up on the fucking rules, dude, will ya? You're making a fool out of yourself.

by DeadHead on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 09:09:43 PM PDT

•  It's pretty obvious (0+ / 0-)

That prior to this HR, you were upset about my HR of another commenter and going from comment to comment of mine, upset and disagreeing with my posts, and now you HR me. If that isn't retaliatory, what is?

Whatevs. Not worried about your HR or your 'fool' insult.

Have a nice evening....I'll be sure to rec a comment or two from you on a different topic.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 09:16:43 PM PDT

•  Um, no (1+ / 0-)
                  Silvia Nightshade

I was travelling down the recent list, saw this diary, opened it, got about half way through it, decided to jumped to the comments.

I started reading them, and saw your 'emoprog' usage.

I HR that every time. EVERY time, because I fucking hate that term, like people hate "Obamabot," ok?

It was even more stunning that I had just read through your protracted defense of HRing someone for called democrats "scumbags."

Don't blame me for your hypocrisy.

by DeadHead on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 11:31:22 PM PDT

•  umm, last time I checked (8+ / 0-)
      this wasn't a vote on gun control or the environment, and I for one don't care what the Rethug believes as long as he votes the right way.

Oh and as for Teabaggeres, enjoy Michelle Bachmann!  By your logic, she's one of you now.

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 04:28:47 PM PDT

•  LOL! (0+ / 0-)

I'll pass. I can only handle so much crazy.

•  I thought the sardonic definition of Libertarians (0+ / 0-)

Was something like "Republicans who want to snort cocaine off a hooker's behind" (thus addressing individual liberty and the free market simultaneously).

Or something.

Strange bedfellows, indeed.

I'm part of the "bedwetting bunch of website Democrat base people (DKos)." - Rush Limbaugh, 10/16/2012 Torture is Wrong! We live near W so you don't have to. Send love.

by tom 47 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 04:55:25 PM PDT

•  I always thought it was (1+ / 0-)
            Silvia Nightshade

"Republicans with pot plants."

Explains Colorado at least . . .

by corvo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 05:30:54 PM PDT

•  Beats being down with the Bushies any day. (3+ / 0-)

You may think that. I couldn't possibly comment.-- Francis Urqhart

by Johnny Q on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 04:37:10 PM PDT

•  Gee, and here I thought (4+ / 0-)

being "Bipartisan" was a good thing. The President says that all the time! He's the President of Libertarians, too, did you not get the memo?

That's ok--you've lost some respect, but you have the Batshit Crazy Lady on your side now. Talk about a deal with the devil....

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 04:46:35 PM PDT

•  So our big bipartisan effort (0+ / 0-)

should be demonizing a democratic president and attacking a federal agency?

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 05:39:25 PM PDT

•  For what the NSA has been built into under this (1+ / 0-)
          Odysseus

administration, yes.

Actions can be criticized. The actions of this administration contra to the First & Fourth Amendment are indefensible.

Anything that stops the federal government's personal data vacuum is a good thing.

by YucatanMan on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:11:20 PM PDT

•  And teabagger allies are looking at this as (0+ / 0-)

Anything that creates a rift between democrats and their base in 2014 and anything that hands Obama a defeat is a good thing.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:13:39 PM PDT

•  Obama is doing that job on his own. The (2+ / 0-)
              DeadHead, Odysseus

teabaggers aren't causing Obama (are they?) to depart from longstanding party principles and programs.

The Grand Compromise will be the biggest damage to Democrats 2014 chances, if Obama is successful in pushing it through.  That is a true base-affecting move.

by YucatanMan on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 09:36:11 PM PDT

•  Hey whatever (0+ / 0-)

He did it to himself. Democratic losses over this issue wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

(-5.50,-6.67): Left Libertarian
              Leadership doesn't mean taking a straw poll and then just throwing up your hands. -Jyrinx

by Sparhawk on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 09:37:26 PM PDT

•  So, you are good with Obama working toward (0+ / 0-)

a "Grand Compromise" with the most odious right-wing teabagging rats in Congress to establish Chained CPI cutting SS benefits, right?  Or not?

I mean, that is what he is doing.....

by YucatanMan on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:15:29 PM PDT

•  No (0+ / 0-)

But I sure as hell wouldn't prefer a President Romney.

Fact is, if we can't get our shit together in a midterm and take the House, we're never going to get what we want.  That's why I'm so disturbed by this infighting and the single-issue NSA haters threatening to withhold their votes, go third party, or whatever.  2014 is it--it would be stupid to blow it and repeat 2010 over this.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 08:20:26 PM PDT

•  False meme. Liberals and Progressives and (2+ / 0-)
          DeadHead, afatjunco

"emoprogs" (your prefered insult) did not stay home in 2010, but thanks for the repetition of that untrue concept again.

Those who stayed home were the new voters who Obama brought into the Democratic fold in 2008, but then failed to support their issues - jobs primarily - and who were disaffected by 2010.  If anything, Liberals and Progressives turned out in greater support in 2012, despite your fears, even knowing Obama didn't meet all their criteria because he truly was better than the alternative.

But better than horrible is faint praise indeed. Instead, we are stuck with a self-described "mid-1980s (Reagan-era) moderate Republican."

That's not much to brag about and nothing I'll praise.  If any progressive actions are forthcoming, that would certainly be praise-worthy, but Obama has been busy appointing Bush-era officials and working on cutting Democratic programs. So, no praise for those actions.

by YucatanMan on Wed Jul 24, 2013 at 09:25:35 PM PDT