View Diary: Mr. President: When Michelle Bachmann & Peter King Agree w/ You, You're on Wrong Side of NSA Debate (125 comments)

•  Can you tell me (0+ / 0-)

How asking you to provide your own legal analysis and letting the diarist write what he wants is a "strawman diversion?" What makes it a "strawman" type, and not just a regular ole diversion?

And when you're done enlightening me, maybe you can tell me why my needing to provide you with a legal basis for tipping and reccing a fucking Daily Kos diary isn't a "strawman diversion."

by DeadHead on Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 12:04:22 AM PDT

•  I agree, it is a "fucking ... (2+ / 0-)
      duhban, JoanMar

... Daily Kos diary"!

As for your question about how the "strawman" worked in this exchange, well, DeadHead, we've got an initial question from me asking the diarist to back up an utterly devoid-of-proof argument.

Now, my question isn't a strawman because all I did was to ask for proof of the original nasty allegation. What you did was to avoid my question entirely and create your own implied strawman: Something along the lines of, "See, you can't even answer the question" or, "Why should we do your work for you."

When I actually responded with proof that the diary is silly and embarrassing, then I naturally suggested that you having rec'd and tipped the diary was silly and embarrassing.

You see, I think it is important to have some minimally basic argument ready to back up any position I take. But, you have again managed to NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION with diversionary tactics.

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 01:11:51 AM PDT

•  I hate to break it to you, but (0+ / 0-)

This isn't a court of law. I know that's your default mode of thinking, but not everyone is a lawyer.

You're just doing what you always do in these diaries, you latch on to a few words said by a non-lawyer (I assume) expressing his view on what he sees as an assault on on our privacy/rights, and expect him to draft a fucking legal opinion supporting it.

Basically, you make unreasonable demands that are impossible to meet in an attempt to discredit these types of diaries.

It's obvious, and, as it turns out, ineffective.

by DeadHead on Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 01:36:53 AM PDT

•  You're right, it appears .. (2+ / 0-)
          duhban, JoanMar

... to be unreasonable to request that certain people support their arguments.

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 03:56:51 AM PDT

•  Here is the 'argument' for which you're requesting (1+ / 0-)
            stevemb

a detailed legal analysis in support, from the diary:

A concerned & violated citizen.
            My Dream Team will get right on it, on behalf of the diarist.

by DeadHead on Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 04:21:47 AM PDT

•  Seems you have been (0+ / 0-)

out-argued, DH. :)

Maya Angelou: "Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."

by JoanMar on Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 07:52:54 PM PDT

•  That's a matter of opinion. (0+ / 0-)

One shared by you and one other person, who, as it happens, doesn't like me.

And, this isn't my diary. It's isn't my responsibility to defend what amounts to this very, very specious claim: "a concerned & violated citizen."

But thank you for your comment, nevertheless.

by DeadHead on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 03:20:32 AM PDT