View Diary: * New Day * — DBAD Nixon with hurt fee-fees. (159 comments)

•  i know all that (5+ / 0-)

i'm just wondering about the meltdown. i hadn't heard anything about it.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 11:23:47 AM PDT

•  ...I haven't heard a thing... (5+ / 0-)

Ignorance is bliss only for the ignorant. The rest of us must suffer the consequences. -7.38; -3.44

by paradise50 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 11:29:35 AM PDT

•  ...is it because he says he'll vote... (5+ / 0-)

...3rd party? Apparently he hasn't tweeted since June 4th...I haven't heard of any meltdown. What have you heard?...

JeromeArmstrong ‏@jeromearmstrong 4 Jun
      The Dirtiest, Nastiest, Low-Down Campaign In America: Cuccinelli vs. McAuliffe http://ti.me/...  I will vote 3rd party.

by paradise50 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 11:32:25 AM PDT

•  heh (4+ / 0-)

i'd have a hard time voting for mcauliffe, but voting against cuccinelli would leave me no choice.

from this post, it sounds like armstrong had a long meltdown on his blog. i know nothing about it, but am curious.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 11:37:35 AM PDT

•  All that I know about his actions are those (1+ / 0-)
          Laurence Lewis

observed in the public sphere revolving around his site and political choices. I know nothing about his private life and certianly didn't meant to convey that I did.

The Americas greatest political dynasty...the Kaan

by catilinus on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 04:39:12 PM PDT

•  but even that (1+ / 0-)
            catilinus

i have no idea what went on during the end phase of his blog. this is all news to me.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 04:43:22 PM PDT

•  I was there until I switched over here from (2+ / 0-)
              dharmasyd, Laurence Lewis

Mar '08. The Puma crowd around Alegre and Linfar emigrated the opposite direction...from here to Mydd. They were joined by cranks from Hillaryis44.org. Mydd still had some great front-pagers, but the rec list was became mostly Hillaryis44 racist inspired tropes with Jerome banning even innocuous Obama supporters while he himself kept posting diaries "showing" how Hillary would win via super delegates, etc.  Last time I went back ('09 or '10) to check I found diaries on the rec list with one rec (one was on penis enlargement or somesuch spam).

The genius of Kos is to take largely a hands-off attitude to posters. Jerome went the opposite direction during the primaries and achieved the opposite result of Kos' success.

months ago I tried to check my old diaries there several times but the site was always down. Some folks here thought it was temporary, but it proved permanent to date.

No one knows the exact date it closed. No one seems to care or to have noticed. Google has no results of folks talking about it in the last few years.

What a way to end a once popular blog....

The Americas greatest political dynasty...the Kaan

by catilinus on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 09:53:59 PM PDT

• Recommended (120)
  • Community (58)
  • 2016 (44)
  • Elections (37)
  • Environment (35)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (32)
  • Republicans (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Barack Obama (27)
  • Law (27)
  • Iraq (27)
  • Civil Rights (25)
  • Jeb Bush (24)
  • Climate Change (24)
  • Culture (22)
  • Economy (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • White House (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site