View Diary: New Jersey Special US Senate Election Wed, Oct 16th/Voting Information (64 comments)

•  Yeah, but Booker has been half-assing it (2+ / 0-)
    viral, rebel ga

Not a lot of ads, you know, pointing out what a crazyass fucking nutbag Lonegan is. I'm just kind of concerned that he's gonna Coakley this thing up.

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 02:15:09 PM PDT

•  MA AG Martha Coakley? (1+ / 0-)
      rebel ga
      •  Yeah, she (1+ / 0-)
        viral

After the fiasco in 2010, her name is now synonymous (for me) with shitty campaigning in senate races.

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 02:30:34 PM PDT

•  I'm pretty certain it won't happen this time. (1+ / 0-)
          rebel ga

Lonegan is a repulsive candidate who has pretty much run in every statewide primary for the last decade or so, and the only reason he finally got the nomination this time is that no credible Republican was willing to waste their time losing to Booker.
          The closing of the poll numbers as the election nears is normal; that's happened in every NJ race I can remember.

•  Yeah, Booker's got this (1+ / 0-)
            rebel ga
          •  Lonegan's last ad (1+ / 0-)
            rebel ga

... Absolutely the WORST I've seen in along time:  this time, as well as jabbering away about President Obama, and how Booker " supports Obamacare" (like what?, half the population of the country?) , it blathers on and on about Sharpe James. Sharpe James, SRSLY?? Like any black Mayor of Newark is the same as any other black Mayor of Newark??

Pathetic- I wonder how gracious Lonegan's concession speech is going to be...?

•  Got a Lonegan robocall last night about Obamacare (4+ / 0-)
              Avilyn, anastasia p, elwior, john07801

and how Booker (a mayor, not a federal representative at all) supported the "exemption" of congressional staffers.

I didn't answer the phone, so I was listening to the recorded message as it was being left on my answering machine, and I couldn't believe how misleading it was.

I almost picked up the phone and started yelling at the robot!

But instead, I will vote.

"Jersey_Boy" was taken.

by New Jersey Boy on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 06:23:49 AM PDT

•  We've been getting that call 3x a day for the last (3+ / 0-)
                anastasia p, elwior, Jay C

few days.  It's actually getting my spouse to vote for Booker  instead of writing in a protest 'none of the above' vote the way he usually does when he doesn't like either candidate.

The Girl Who Loved Stories
                I’m a feminist because the message is still "don’t get raped" not "don’t rape"

by Avilyn on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 10:03:59 AM PDT

•  Awesome that he goes and writes that. (3+ / 0-)
                  Avilyn, elwior, Jay C

Rather than just staying home.

I just read (in a NJ message board) that Lonegan's robocalls, since they are not targeted to supporters are a huge mistake because they are whipping up his opposition as well as his base.

Your husband is just one example of that.

I enjoy when the republicans make strategic mistakes.

"Jersey_Boy" was taken.

by New Jersey Boy on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 10:28:48 AM PDT

•  Candidates are never as brutal (1+ / 0-)
      elwior

as WE want them to be. We are always demanding they go bonkers on their opponents, and that's not always the best tactic. It often backfires, as we saw in Ohio with Josh "The Empty Suit" Mandel. In his race against Sherrod Brown, he drove up his own negatives so much he may not even be able to keep his state treasurers job.

Fingers crossed!

When someone is so crazy, you don't really need to keep hammering it.

Ed FitzGerald for governor Of Ohio. Women's lives depend on it. http://www.edfitzgeraldforohio.com/

by anastasia p on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 01:08:42 PM PDT