View Diary: Ma'am, I'm from VIPR and you'll have to remove those spurs and show me what's under your chaps (271 comments)

•  and the conversation swings to the right. (3+ / 0-)
    delver rootnose, apimomfan2, fuzzyguy

"I don't care if I am illegally and unconstitutionally searched"?

So what's your plan?

•  submit (0+ / 0-)

(because of the whole overwhelming force thing) and find people who are willing to work for better candidates to office in 2014.

sounds sort of tame, eh?

but it's almost impossible to do at this blog and it's this blog's mission statement.

and why is it impossible?   because insult and outrage is sexier and more fun than good old boring attempts to communicate and foster coordinated action.

oy.

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 01:49:36 PM PDT

•  my plan is to point out... (4+ / 0-)

....every time a person excepts this type of behavior as the status quo how much a fool they look like.

The casual acceptance of these policies on a supposedly Democratic and sometimes liberal political website makes me despair of the future we are making for my nieces.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 01:59:19 PM PDT

•  then you have missed my points (0+ / 0-)

but accomplished your own.

and we didn't come to any sort of baseline agreement and so two trains passing in the night.    yada.

the casual outrage and insults that pass for serious thought or action on this progressive, liberal blog brings my despair up like nothing but casual racism and sexism do.

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 02:10:22 PM PDT

•  so now I am ... (2+ / 0-)
          bluedust, apimomfan2

...a casual sexist or racist.

You are just trolling this diary.  But because it is passive aggressive trolling you probably will get away with it.

I didn't miss your points.  I think they are foolish and apathetic points and your constant 'well what are you going to do about it' arguments are disingenuous and a pitiful attempt at trying to claim some moral or rhetorical high ground from a person who had done little but advocate for authoritarianism and apathetic acceptance of the further diminishment of all people's rights.

Next thing you know you will be criticizing my grammar.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 02:21:04 PM PDT

•  *accepts. (1+ / 0-)
        DSPS owl

nt

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 02:15:34 PM PDT

•  delver, freepers can post on DK. (2+ / 0-)
        radical simplicity, bluedust

And so can sock puppets and cheerleaders and anybody else.

They come here to peddle their poisonous ware, hoping to dupe us into believing their vision of America's future is so f/cking bipartisan, when only they and their paymasters stand to profit.

Don't believe them.

•  I've been here long enough... (0+ / 0-)

...to know tat and to know better but sometimes I take the bait.  Especially from someone that has been on the site as long as KJ has been.

I have to wonder if people sell their accounts.  God knows as broke as I am, and am becoming if the money was right....

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Wed Aug 07, 2013 at 10:01:15 PM PDT