View Diary: White Privilege Kills: Pennsylvania Mass Shooter Rockne Newell is a White Male Domestic Terrorist (48 comments)

•  An eyesore? (0+ / 0-)

He was storing sewage in buckets on his property.  That's more than an eyesore.

As for being progressive, he sounds more like a CT nut than a progressive to me.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 11:24:39 AM PDT

•  Do you think he should have been kicked off his (1+ / 0-)
      cris0000

land without compensation?

And do you think he was a "terrorist"?

The city officials claimed he had chum buckets on his land, but he was never arraigned in court, so we'll probably never know for sure.  The city officials, actually, made a lot of claims over the years that actually proved not to be the case.

What am I missing?  If I'm one of the city officials, I'd sit the poor guy down, work out some arrangement, even if it means paying him a little something to clean things up or move him out.  Make the guy happy - at least as happy as possible.  I'd counsel against abusing the guy when it's the easiest, cheapest problem in the world to settle amicably.

Another beautiful day in the Dystopian Surveillance State.

by thenekkidtruth on Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 11:39:34 AM PDT

•  This sounds like terrorism to me (2+ / 0-)
        Larsstephens, a2nite
        When police interviewed Newell at the hospital, he reportedly told police he had targeted the meeting because he knew the three township supervisors and the township solicitor would be together in the location.

He also told police he fully expected to die during the incident, reports the Pocono Record.

Citing police documents, Newell said, "I wish I killed more of them," as he was being taken to the hospital, Pahomepage.com reports.

As the diary points out, if the guy had been Muslim, this would be painted as terrorism.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 11:52:39 AM PDT

•  He's not a terrorist (1+ / 0-)
          cris0000

He was persecuted for 17 years, abused, was made homeless cruelly and needlessly, and he snapped. You might have done the same exact thing.

There's a real definition as to what exactly terrorism  is, however much the rightwing loves to abuse the word. This isn't that definition - not even close.

My rule is that when we get down to a matter of semantics, it's a certainty that nothing of any consequences can be accomplished by continuing the discussion. I'll be moving along to the next diary now.

Another beautiful day in the Dystopian Surveillance State.

by thenekkidtruth on Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 12:03:14 PM PDT

•  I don't care. (0+ / 0-)

Just because Bush lied  whenever he opened his mouth, you shouldn't fall into the same habit.

•  Excuse me? (1+ / 0-)
            Larsstephens

What the hell are you talking about?

If I'm lying, I believe you should provide evidence.

Otherwise, you should take your hysterical accusations elsewhere.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 03:01:06 PM PDT

•  Bush didn't start the habit of calling terrorist (0+ / 0-)

everyone you don't like for this or that reason. But he certainly is to blame for its inflationary use.

You calling a lonely, poor guy, probably ill, who went after those who are directly responsible for his misery a terrorist is intellectually dishonest.

"This sounds like terrorism to me", as you choose to sneer, sounds exactly like the rich old guys with their whiskey glasses,  sneering "well, if it walks like a duck...".

Terrorism is a terrible label, it currently allows to completely rob a human being of all his human dignity (and rights). and it should probably not even used for people who engage in actual, real terrorism. Much less for any hapless poor fool who goes after the heartless fuckers who, out of spite, practically walked over him and left him with no place to even be.

•  So, you don't know that I'm "lying" (0+ / 0-)

You especially don't know that this gentleman was treated better or worse than people with darker skin who might be accused of the same crimes.

You focus on what you think might have happened.  At least I admit that I don't all the facts yet.

You've made judgements just because you seem to like this "lonely, poor guy".

Whatever.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 06:43:27 PM PDT

•  they claimed that (0+ / 0-)

He disputed that detail.

He had a chemical toilet or something like that.