View Diary: Summary: President Obama holds press conference (194 comments)

•  I mean Jack Lew, the guy who wasn't going to.... (1+ / 0-)
    hooper

get the nomination.

According to all the people who just knew that Obama was gong to nominate Bowles.

Your opinion of him is neither here nor there.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Fri Aug 09, 2013 at 03:37:47 PM PDT

•  My opinion of Jack Lew? (1+ / 0-)
      tsk

Did I list an opinion?

Please cite which fact you feel is an opinion and I'll be happy to provide some resources to demonstrate it falls squarely in the land of fact.

The excuses for Obama's behavior have long since passed the point of predictability neccessary to qualify as an absurd production of Kabuki Theater.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 at 03:45:11 PM PDT

•  Yes. (0+ / 0-)

You chose a set of facts designed to express your opinion of him. YOu don't think you're fooling anyone with this little game, do you?

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Fri Aug 09, 2013 at 03:51:59 PM PDT

•  And why would you automatically assume (1+ / 0-)
          radical simplicity

a certain opinion of Jack Lew because I cited some facts about Jack Lew?

Could it be that - anyone with half a brain - can quickly guess what kind of person Jack Lew is, based on some facts?

Why yes - yes they can.

Do you dispute the facts I cited or are you merely angry that I would draw attention to Obama's pick for Treasury Secretary?

And what about yourself?

Are you a Jack Lew fan?

Do you enjoy having Wall Street Banksters (er, I mean "Savvy Businessmen") running the Treasury and sitting in the White House's Chief of Staff Office?

Do the values of such men - as evidenced by their connections to Wall Street and the fortunes they made playing the very games that decimated the working class - are these your values to?  Do you agree with them?

I reject such men as nothing more than parasites that need to be crushed.

What they and their ilk have done to the working class should be considered a crime worthy of life imprisonment and 100% asset forfeiture of everything they and their immediate families own.

They are scum.

They are vile evil men who give not one shit for the working folks.

That's my opinion based on the facts of what such men have done.

Now let's hear your opinion and the facts of whatever defense you may care to mount for such Wall Street Thugs.

by Johnathan Ivan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 at 07:05:56 PM PDT

•  Johnathan, who's gonna do the crushing? (0+ / 0-)

Easy to say, impossible to do.   Are you saying Obama should appoint Stiglitz, Krugman, Reich, etc, to every financial post, or else he's betraying the people?

If so, why bother?  It ain't gonna happen, and if it did we'd just have different kinds of disasters.

It's an empire, and the those who presume to take it on head-on are eliminated.  JFK, MLK, RFK, Wellstone.  It ain't subtle.

Not to meniot the American public, which appears to be 60% fooled, 45% brain-dead.

Obama is doing what he can, imo, from within the Empire.  We should be so lucky to get someone as skillful, tough,  and on-our-side next time. (Not that I don't fault him - strongly - for some things.)

Remember Jackie Robinson?  A pretty good player.

•  What I'm proposing is really simple: (0+ / 0-)

Supporting 1% candidates will not lead to change.

That's a basic fact.

It doesn't matter how sweet such candidates sound - if they, by their deeds, support the 1% - nothing will change.

There is no "lesser of two evils" when it comes to the 1%, Security State, or Empire.  That is a lie. It is meant to keep people coming back for more at the Kabuki Theater of the Absurd.

There will be no change until folks wake up enough to stop supporting pro-1% candidates.

by Johnathan Ivan on Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 12:49:17 PM PDT

•  Not. Fooling. Anyone. (0+ / 0-)

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Sat Aug 10, 2013 at 06:31:46 AM PDT

•  Who is supposedly trying to fool whom over (0+ / 0-)

what?

If that comment is directed at me, rest assured:  I am extremely transparent in my beliefs and opinions.  And I often, with frequency, provide a litany of facts which have caused me to form such opinions.

If you are in doubt as to who Jack Lew is, how he made a fortune betting that working class Americans would be thrown out of their homes, let me know.  I'll be happy to provide you all the reference materials you need.

Jack Lew is well known.  It's really easy to find out what kind of "Savvy Businessmen" he is.

Perhaps Obama was misled into thinking Jack Lew was a champion of the working class.  Who knows?  Mayhap the Koch brothers are secret backers of Earth First.

by Johnathan Ivan on Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 12:54:30 PM PDT