Skip to main content

View Diary: Only young pups need apply (267 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  You must complete an form I9 (0+ / 0-)

    to work in the US.  I9s require a photo id (acceptable forms are described on the DOJ form) for proof of identity, and another ID (described on the reverse of the form I9) that proves you are a citizen or a non-citizen with a permit to work.  

    If you have never been asked for these two forms of ID or one passport (which established both) then your employer(s) are out of compliance with the Dept of Homeland Security and the Dept of Justice and should be fined and have their ability to hire suspended, pending an investigation.  That's the law.

    The only exemption that exists is for employees hired before 1987 by their employer (and never changed jobs) when the law went into effect and who are grandfathered.

    "Out of Many, One Nation." This is the great promise of the United States of America -9.75 -6.87

    by Uncle Moji on Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 02:38:27 PM PDT

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site