View Diary: Federal chief judges plead with Congress to lift sequester (58 comments)

•  We can blame the Republicans til the cows come (4+ / 0-)
    jhecht, Dallasdoc, Kickemout, Matt Z

home, but this was Obama's failed plan. Republicans acted like Republicans, Obama acted like.... who the fuck knows.

I didn't abandon the fight, I abandoned the Party that abandoned the fight...

by Jazzenterprises on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 06:32:46 AM PDT

•  He acted like a President... (7+ / 0-)

of the United States. Or do you think he should act like they do? He at least tried to mitigate the disaster WITH a PLAN. But of course, Republicans dead set on sabotaging the whole government from within can't be counted on to act reasonably.

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately." -- George Carlin, Satirical Comic,(1937-2008)

by Wynter on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 06:41:28 AM PDT

•  And this is going to continue (4+ / 0-)
      Dallasdoc, vpilot, Zinman, Jazzenterprises

until Obama gives up the delusion that the modern Republican Party is mostly made up of Bob Doles rather than the truth that is mostly made up of Steve Kings.

I'm no philosopher, I am no poet, I'm just trying to help you out - Gomez (from the song Hamoa Beach)

by jhecht on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 06:43:16 AM PDT

•  In the context of a threatened government (2+ / 0-)
      Egalitare, Matt Z

shutdown ... it was still stupid. But not as stupid as it would have been otherwise.

Economics is a social *science*. Can we base future economic decisions on math?

by blue aardvark on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 06:43:44 AM PDT

•  The lesser of two stupids (0+ / 0-)

Sadly, those were the only viable choices.

When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. --Martin Luther King Jr.

by Egalitare on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 07:42:56 AM PDT

•  I think he could have gotten no sequester (1+ / 0-)
          Egalitare

But we'd have gotten closer to the brink of the default, and even getting near the brink has consequences.

I am still amazed the Masters of the Universe haven't jerked the chains of the GOP leadership HARD on this issue. Or maybe they have, and the inmates really are running the asylum.

Cry "havoc", and let slip the Hounds of Tea.

Economics is a social *science*. Can we base future economic decisions on math?

by blue aardvark on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 08:02:48 AM PDT

•  That used to stump me for a bit (0+ / 0-)
            But I think you come to the right conclusion: the inmates really are running the asylum.

by Egalitare on Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 08:29:53 AM PDT