View Diary: On the false equivalence between "Obama rox" and "Obama sux" (295 comments)

•  I almost didn't rec this, but I'm rec'ing it for (2+ / 0-)
    kharma, SpecialKinFlag

the attempt to open up a deeper discussion.

Thank you for the work.

Ou sont les neigedens d'antan?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 07:46:03 PM PDT

•  Actually, it might be rec worthy on the basis (0+ / 0-)

that the anti-market forces here have admitted defeat.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Thomas Paine

by shrike on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 07:53:29 PM PDT

•  anti-market forces? (3+ / 0-)

Wow. that's what you care about? Defending the market?

If so, maybe you should focus more on mid-town Manhattan. That's where the people bent on destroying the market really are.

Me, I'm more concerned with democracy and survival. I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Ou sont les neigedens d'antan?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 08:57:39 PM PDT

•  shrike self-identifies as neoliberal (nmi) (3+ / 0-)

"Exxon’s CEO was recently quoted as saying, ‘What good is it to save the planet if humanity suffers?’, as if the future of humanity could be separated from the ecosystems on which we depend." -- Charlotte Wilson

by Cassiodorus on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 09:01:46 PM PDT

•  Which is the same, at this point, (5+ / 0-)

as being a suicidal nihilist.

I started out as an FDR capitalist. I'd be fine with a regulated capitalism if it were a survivable philosophy. But 1) we won't be allowed to regulate it because the rule of law is done for, and 2)the unregulated system is intent on endless greed and refuses to recognize limits.

I won't willingly lay down my life for any "ism." Capitalism is, at this point, asking me to quietly lay my head on a block and wait for the knife to come down.

Well, the planet will solve it eventually. I'm just sorry that so much of the biosphere is going to have to go down. No, I'll be honest; I also grieve for humanity and even that much-maligned entity, human civilization.

Ou sont les neigedens d'antan?

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 09:12:36 PM PDT

•  The diary is completely dismissive (2+ / 0-)
      sviscusi, jan4insight

of a concept and a 'side' here at Daily Kos. Of all the things to rec the diary for, 'attempt to open up a deeper discussion' can't be legit.

•  Exactly! (3+ / 0-)
        Words In Action, kharma, Cassiodorus
        Because there's no better way to discuss something than to dismiss it out of hand.

I'm curious, do you even bother to check whether or not your comments make any sense prior to posting them?

It sure doesn't look like it.

by DeadHead on Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 01:45:41 AM PDT

• Congress (26)
  • Education (25)
  • Law (25)
  • Science (24)
  • Texas (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site